Weight: 220

40 time:

Offers: Air Force, California, Navy, San Diego State, Utah State, Washington

7YsqW.gif

Rivals: :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

6'2" 210 or 220 depending on where you read about him. He led his high school, Rancho Santa Margarita to the 5A California State Championship last season. We have not offered but he will camp here this summer. A 60% passer good for over 2400 yards and 13 TD's. Over 1400 yards on the ground and 21 TD's. Scored the winning TD in the state championship game.

From his film I saw him drop back to complete passes and also roll out with equal success. If his receivers are covered he isn't shy about tucking it in and running for daylight. He has offers from the academies, Cal and SDSU I think but word is starting to spread to the rest of the country. His GPA is also very high (Stanford quality) so passing the ACT wouldn't be a problem.

After seeing Stanton's film he is number one on my quarterback wish list. I put him ahead of Bailey, Kincade, and even Jennings and Zaire (although those ships have sailed anyway). He is just one of those kids that seems to find a way to get it done. He has a great arm, great delivery, great change of direction, good speed, great size. I really don't see any negatives with this kid. Great character, toughness and he seems to have the intangibles.

Does anybody know if he indeed has an offer. Others have posted that he is coming to BRW but I don't see an offer for him on Rivals. Man I would be stoked if we landed this kid.

Something that has got me confused are some comments made by one of the wr's we are recruiting. The recruit said that the coaches were telling him that the offense has steadily become more balanced (which can be debated). The thing that is strange to me is how can we have Bailey so high up on our board if we truly intend to become a more balanced team? If we are most likely slow playing Kincade in favor of Bailey as EZ said, then it is hard to buy the idea that we want to be balanced because both Kincade and Stanton are light years ahead as passers compared to Bailey. Do the coaches just think that Bailey can be developed into a passer and his running ability makes him worth the risk? I don't think the coaches are just blowing smoke up kids arses, but sometimes I struggle to see how they are seeing things.

Maybe after seeing what a very elusive QB can do to a defense (Wisconsin and Michigan last year), perhaps do want one running QB with fair passing skills and try to turn him into a similar style. I thought Andrew Luck did a good job in the reverse last year. A highly efficient passer who could get a few tough yards when needed with his feet. I see Stanton in that mold.

Wow, talk about a kid that has been coached and coached and coached when it comes to rolling out and getting depth and distance.

stanton is light years ahead of bailey in my book. Wow I didnt know what to expect when watching his film but after all I can say is that we need to be all over him before he gets alot more offers

Is Stanton coming to the QB Camp? Isn't Scott going to that camp also? Wonder if it will be treated as a competition to get an offer.

Very fundamentally sound QB. I want Kincade more though.

Agreed.

Very fundamentally sound QB. I want Kincade more though.

Agreed.

No way he has way more physical tools than Kincade. He has been greatly coached up.

I'd take either one. Kincade seems to have a higher ceiling though.

Stanton has the physical tools like height & weight. He has been very well coached. Kincade would be my back up option.

Stanton has the physical tools like height & weight. He has been very well coached. Kincade would be my back up option.

Just because he has the physical tools does not mean it automatically makes him a better option than Kincade. Kincade was the best QB at the Elite 11 in Dallas, and beat out some serious competition. Skyline also has great coaching, and has been that way for years. They are on of the top highschools in the state of Texas every year, I will stand by Kincade as my numero uno QB.

• Upvote 1

Just because he has the physical tools does not mean it automatically makes him a better option than Kincade. Kincade was the best QB at the Elite 11 in Dallas, and beat out some serious competition. Skyline also has great coaching, and has been that way for years. They are on of the top highschools in the state of Texas every year, I will stand by Kincade as my numero uno QB.

I would take both. Both are solid options.

I may get killed for saying this but his running style reminds me a bit of Tebow. Looks like he is physical type kid. I like that.

wasnt stanton a finalist for elite 11?

I like this kid alot better then Kincade and Bailey...in the limited film i have seen of both. Kincade doesnt seem to have the arm, or atleast didnt show it in his video, same with Bailey for that matter. We dont need another project at QB we need someone who can come in and throw, a Colt McCoy type with a little speed but throws it first. Thats why i like Zaire, can really throw it and can also run it in our current offense, same with Tommy Armstrong.

Im betting we get Bailey in the end, and another QB project type that can play elsewhere. Even though Baileys rated high i wont be too excited if and when he flips. On the other hand hes rated high and has quite a few good offers so he must show in person better then on film. I would be happier with Stanton, honestly, but again thats just first impressions of the films ive seen, I would welcome Bailey with open arms. I think he flips after his secret visit next weekend.

I want him. I cant watch the film on my phone is he a dual threat or a pro style?

How can you say this without watching his film?

Size. We need more QB targets.

I may get killed for saying this but his running style reminds me a bit of Tebow. Looks like he is physical type kid. I like that.

Ill take a tebow anyday. Heisman, couple of natinal titles, not too shabby. This kid seems to have a better arm than tebow.

stanton is light years ahead of bailey in my book. Wow I didnt know what to expect when watching his film but after all I can say is that we need to be all over him before he gets alot more offers

I used to think Bailey wasn't as good as advertised, but then I saw clips of his JR. highlights. The kid is impressive.

Granted I don't think we lose out if Stanton were to commit.

One reason I like Stanton is the amount of knowledge he has been coached and learned in a short time. A kid doesn't do the things I'm seeing on film without someone who knows the game teaching him the right way to do things. While speed and a powerful arm can go a long way I think a complete understanding of the game is more important. Look at Peyton Manning. He is a tall rangy guy but not exceedingly athletic. Not elusive and doesn't have quick feet. What he does have is a strong mind that can see the field and read his receivers and a strong arm to get them the ball in a position that is only catchable by the receiver and sheltered from the defensive back. I'm not saying Stanton is the next incarnation of Manning or Andrew Luck but I think he is in that mold.

I like him the most! Can he bring his WR's too, they actually catch the f'in ball :)

He can stay in the pocket, roll out, tuck and run it, and reads the defenders well.

news from the nike air strike camp he attended.

bullet.gif QB Johnny Stanton, Rancho Santa Margarita (Calif.) Santa Margarita Catholic Stanton struggled early in the morning, but really bounced back throughout the day, although sitting in the pocket is not his biggest strength. The 6-foot-2, 220-pound prospect looks great physically and really could have a breakout senior season. Stanton is muscular, smart, leads his offense and knows how to win. He'll be attending a bunch of camps next week and more offers could be on the way.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1373832&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Pretty darn impressive. Looks very well coached and in his film made some nice decisions and throws. Beck used Todd Reesing very effectively at Kansas and Stanton appears to be a bigger, stronger QB than Reesing was. Would fit our offense well.

Stanton is actually considered the worst passer and most raw of the three QB's as far as mechanics go that we're still talking which include Bailey and Kincade. At least from the coaches evaluations. It sounds like we may have misplayed Kincade too long and while we're not out of it I don't see it very likely that he'll end up in Lincoln now with is too bad because I like him more than Bailey or Jennings when we were looking at all 3. It sounds as though we'll get the chance at having Bailey here for an official this fall so he can see what a game day is like here. We've been in good contact with him since April even though he said he was going else where. My guess is that Stanton will pick up an offer soon as we're getting concerned on the QB front. Although the coaches feel ok about our depth and our guys for 2014.

Stanton is actually considered the worst passer and most raw of the three QB's as far as mechanics go that we're still talking which include Bailey and Kincade. At least from the coaches evaluations. It sounds like we may have misplayed Kincade too long and while we're not out of it I don't see it very likely that he'll end up in Lincoln now with is too bad because I like him more than Bailey or Jennings when we were looking at all 3. It sounds as though we'll get the chance at having Bailey here for an official this fall so he can see what a game day is like here. We've been in good contact with him since April even though he said he was going else where. My guess is that Stanton will pick up an offer soon as we're getting concerned on the QB front. Although the coaches feel ok about our depth and our guys for 2014.

That's discouraging to hear about Kincade. Is Stanton our top target outside of Bailey and Kincade?

Based on this I'm going to go out on a very short limb and say our chances of getting a QB that resembles anything we remotely want starts and ends with Brayden Scott.

Based on this I'm going to go out on a very short limb and say our chances of getting a QB that resembles anything we remotely want starts and ends with Brayden Scott.

Totally agree EZ.

I am a huge fan of Scott and made it a little more vocal of late, but I will say this about John Stanton, where ever he goes, he will win a bunch of games for that team.

You can teach footwork, throwing motions, etc. You cant teach a QB how to be a leader or how to be a winner. This kids has those things, and i think its pretty obvious to spot. I would still take this kid over Bailey and Kincade.

Like PC stated, wherever this kid goes he is going to win games.

He has now moved up to the top of my list of available QBs. Saw some additional film and he looks great. Would be a big pickup. Expect him to get an offer today, apparently looked good this morning in camp.

I watched Nebraska QB target Johnny Stanton, camping today in Lincoln, last month at Oakland #Elite11. He's impressive.

LINK

Stanton held his own in group w/USC commit Max Browne, Alabama commit Cooper Bateman and Oklahoma State pledge Luke Del Rio.

LINK

If they dont offer today im going to be really confused. Came all the way from CA, hes gotta have legit interest. Maybe he commits on the spot, would be great to have our 13 QB out of the way, QBs are going fast this year.

here is the lowdown on how things went for stanton an qb camp. I imagine we are waiting till this weekend to offer to see what kincade does. also makes me wonder about brayden scott I believe he was also at camp.

http://nebraska.scou.../2/1194408.html

I hope we offer he is my #1 QB on my board.

me too im guessing the coaches will mull it over together over the next few days and he will get his offer. I believe they have high hopes for kincade this weekend and still have aaron bailey on the back burner who will more than likely be giving us an official visit this fall

you know we cant see the article when you post the links right? Its premium, thanks for the info thou. Im still hoping he got an offer in person today, havent heard a thing about scott, just that Stanton showed well.

• Upvote 1