Weight: 220

40 time:

Offers: Air Force, California, Navy, San Diego State, Utah State, Washington

7YsqW.gif

Rivals: :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

6'2" 210 or 220 depending on where you read about him. He led his high school, Rancho Santa Margarita to the 5A California State Championship last season. We have not offered but he will camp here this summer. A 60% passer good for over 2400 yards and 13 TD's. Over 1400 yards on the ground and 21 TD's. Scored the winning TD in the state championship game.

From his film I saw him drop back to complete passes and also roll out with equal success. If his receivers are covered he isn't shy about tucking it in and running for daylight. He has offers from the academies, Cal and SDSU I think but word is starting to spread to the rest of the country. His GPA is also very high (Stanford quality) so passing the ACT wouldn't be a problem.

After seeing Stanton's film he is number one on my quarterback wish list. I put him ahead of Bailey, Kincade, and even Jennings and Zaire (although those ships have sailed anyway). He is just one of those kids that seems to find a way to get it done. He has a great arm, great delivery, great change of direction, good speed, great size. I really don't see any negatives with this kid. Great character, toughness and he seems to have the intangibles.

Does anybody know if he indeed has an offer. Others have posted that he is coming to BRW but I don't see an offer for him on Rivals. Man I would be stoked if we landed this kid.

Something that has got me confused are some comments made by one of the wr's we are recruiting. The recruit said that the coaches were telling him that the offense has steadily become more balanced (which can be debated). The thing that is strange to me is how can we have Bailey so high up on our board if we truly intend to become a more balanced team? If we are most likely slow playing Kincade in favor of Bailey as EZ said, then it is hard to buy the idea that we want to be balanced because both Kincade and Stanton are light years ahead as passers compared to Bailey. Do the coaches just think that Bailey can be developed into a passer and his running ability makes him worth the risk? I don't think the coaches are just blowing smoke up kids arses, but sometimes I struggle to see how they are seeing things.

Maybe after seeing what a very elusive QB can do to a defense (Wisconsin and Michigan last year), perhaps do want one running QB with fair passing skills and try to turn him into a similar style. I thought Andrew Luck did a good job in the reverse last year. A highly efficient passer who could get a few tough yards when needed with his feet. I see Stanton in that mold.