SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

Pretty darn impressive. Looks very well coached and in his film made some nice decisions and throws. Beck used Todd Reesing very effectively at Kansas and Stanton appears to be a bigger, stronger QB than Reesing was. Would fit our offense well.

Stanton is actually considered the worst passer and most raw of the three QB's as far as mechanics go that we're still talking which include Bailey and Kincade. At least from the coaches evaluations. It sounds like we may have misplayed Kincade too long and while we're not out of it I don't see it very likely that he'll end up in Lincoln now with is too bad because I like him more than Bailey or Jennings when we were looking at all 3. It sounds as though we'll get the chance at having Bailey here for an official this fall so he can see what a game day is like here. We've been in good contact with him since April even though he said he was going else where. My guess is that Stanton will pick up an offer soon as we're getting concerned on the QB front. Although the coaches feel ok about our depth and our guys for 2014.

Stanton is actually considered the worst passer and most raw of the three QB's as far as mechanics go that we're still talking which include Bailey and Kincade. At least from the coaches evaluations. It sounds like we may have misplayed Kincade too long and while we're not out of it I don't see it very likely that he'll end up in Lincoln now with is too bad because I like him more than Bailey or Jennings when we were looking at all 3. It sounds as though we'll get the chance at having Bailey here for an official this fall so he can see what a game day is like here. We've been in good contact with him since April even though he said he was going else where. My guess is that Stanton will pick up an offer soon as we're getting concerned on the QB front. Although the coaches feel ok about our depth and our guys for 2014.

That's discouraging to hear about Kincade. Is Stanton our top target outside of Bailey and Kincade?

Based on this I'm going to go out on a very short limb and say our chances of getting a QB that resembles anything we remotely want starts and ends with Brayden Scott.

Based on this I'm going to go out on a very short limb and say our chances of getting a QB that resembles anything we remotely want starts and ends with Brayden Scott.

Totally agree EZ.

You can teach footwork, throwing motions, etc. You cant teach a QB how to be a leader or how to be a winner. This kids has those things, and i think its pretty obvious to spot. I would still take this kid over Bailey and Kincade.

Like PC stated, wherever this kid goes he is going to win games.

I watched Nebraska QB target Johnny Stanton, camping today in Lincoln, last month at Oakland #Elite11. He's impressive.

LINK

Stanton held his own in group w/USC commit Max Browne, Alabama commit Cooper Bateman and Oklahoma State pledge Luke Del Rio.

LINK