SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

In having seen the film now of Stanton, Kincade, Hobbs, and Bailey... it appears to me that the one that is the true QB is Stanton.

I see Kincade, Hobbs & Bailey as athletes that are quick, fast, and great runners --- and their HS coaches wanted their most athletic player to have the ball in his hands each play. Thus, Kincade, Bailey, and Hobbs were QB's in HS. Each of the three possess some natural QB skill... but are really athletes that occupied the QB position but are not, necessarily, natural QB's --- or, at least, that is the impression I get on film. Each would be wonderful to have on the Huskers as each of the three may develop into a good college QB --- and certainly, each is a leader and athletic and could contribute elsewhere (the secondary, at WR, etc). Thus, I'd love to have any of the three sign with the Huskers --- all of them actually.

That said, I see Stanton as different. He IS a QB. A QB who is pretty athletic. He has good field vision and checks down well... seeing secondary receivers quickly and getting them the ball. He throws well. Has good timing. He has a quick release. and, he is mobile and can run some. I'd love to have him in Husker red. The others, to varying degrees, are athletes who played QB (and there is great value in signing someone like that) --- but Stanton is different --- he is a QB who is athletic. He is a QB first and an athlete second. We need someone like that.

So... I hope we sign two of these guys. Stanton, and one of the other three (I'd think perhaps Kincade would be my favorite of the athletes... but any of the three would be nice).

• Fire 3

me too im guessing the coaches will mull it over together over the next few days and he will get his offer. I believe they have high hopes for kincade this weekend and still have aaron bailey on the back burner who will more than likely be giving us an official visit this fall
one of the trainers said Kincade had till this weekend and then he thought it would be Stanton's to lose. I don't know if this guy knows 100% but its what he stated for WIW.

This is what my friend tol me. I also know NU better blw Kincade away because they are sitting 3rd wit him. Stanton is potentially a Kellen Mooe type QB blessed with BFL size, Stanton and Scott are the guys that are 1 and 1a for me. Think NU my get burned with the Kincade situation. Hoopefully Colins is blown away.

You were drunk when typing this, weren't you?

• Fire 2
In having seen the film now of Stanton, Kincade, Hobbs, and Bailey... it appears to me that the one that is the true QB is Stanton.

I see Kincade, Hobbs & Bailey as athletes that are quick, fast, and great runners --- and their HS coaches wanted their most athletic player to have the ball in his hands each play. Thus, Kincade, Bailey, and Hobbs were QB's in HS. Each of the three possess some natural QB skill... but are really athletes that occupied the QB position but are not, necessarily, natural QB's --- or, at least, that is the impression I get on film. Each would be wonderful to have on the Huskers as each of the three may develop into a good college QB --- and certainly, each is a leader and athletic and could contribute elsewhere (the secondary, at WR, etc). Thus, I'd love to have any of the three sign with the Huskers --- all of them actually.

That said, I see Stanton as different. He IS a QB. A QB who is pretty athletic. He has good field vision and checks down well... seeing secondary receivers quickly and getting them the ball. He throws well. Has good timing. He has a quick release. and, he is mobile and can run some. I'd love to have him in Husker red. The others, to varying degrees, are athletes who played QB (and there is great value in signing someone like that) --- but Stanton is different --- he is a QB who is athletic. He is a QB first and an athlete second. We need someone like that.

So... I hope we sign two of these guys. Stanton, and one of the other three (I'd think perhaps Kincade would be my favorite of the athletes... but any of the three would be nice).

Mind you the only film we have on Kincade is SOPHOMORE film.

me too im guessing the coaches will mull it over together over the next few days and he will get his offer. I believe they have high hopes for kincade this weekend and still have aaron bailey on the back burner who will more than likely be giving us an official visit this fall
one of the trainers said Kincade had till this weekend and then he thought it would be Stanton's to lose. I don't know if this guy knows 100% but its what he stated for WIW.

This is what my friend tol me. I also know NU better blw Kincade away because they are sitting 3rd wit him. Stanton is potentially a Kellen Mooe type QB blessed with BFL size, Stanton and Scott are the guys that are 1 and 1a for me. Think NU my get burned with the Kincade situation. Hoopefully Colins is blown away.

You were drunk when typing this, weren't you?

Me?????? Drunk????? Never....... must be thinking of someone else bro.

Beck really loves Armstrong, so i dont think they are as worried about the QB position as some of us fans think they should be. Of course they want to get the best one possible, but i think nexts years QB is more critical....and i can say that becasue we missed our top QBs this year. We need to get a top QB next year, and having a great year this year will help, but we NEED to win this year and atleast go to the CCG, i agree i dont think they are too worried and know they can atleast fill the spot this year and maybe get lucky with a kid that can develop into a program changer......Stanton is my choice for that.

Mind you the only film we have on Kincade is SOPHOMORE film.

Oh... thanks, I assumed it was Jr. year. He looks really good as a sophomore and would be a great get. I hope we get him... Stanton too.

I will not be happy if he goes to Wisconsin, who just happened to have contacted him today

yea he is camping there on the 24th he will have quite a few more offers in the next couple weeks. Im not gonna be happy if we dont offer by this weekend we have a great chance at him if we offer him!

On the quarterback front, a new name might be climbing up the Huskers' board: Santa Margarita (Calif.) Catholic's Johnny Stanton. The 6-foot-2, 215-pounder threw an hour's worth of passes for NU offensive coordinator Tim Beck, then took the full tour around the North Stadium offices and Memorial Stadium.

“They told me that they really like me and that I'm in a pool with a few other quarterbacks,” the four-star prospect told HuskersIllustrated.com, a World-Herald partner. “They want to get to know the players a little bit more and they want to offer one of us quarterbacks soon. I have my fingers crossed that I'll get that call. “They told me that me coming out here for even one day was a big step. I think I threw really well today. I think I left it out on the field today.”

Stanton's being recruited as an athlete by several college programs — including California and Washington — but as a QB by Air Force, Navy and maybe Utah. He worked out at UCLA on Sunday and will work out at Oregon, Oregon State and Washington State.

LINK

McKewon had this little blurb about Stanton in the Weird Harold yesterday.