SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

Stanton on Nebraska from 24.7

Nebraska offensive coordinator Tim Beck made the call Santa Margarita Catholic quarterback Johnny Stanton was waiting for after visiting Lincoln.

Stanton landed an offer from the Huskers. The quarterback worked out for Beck on Tuesday. Two days later the phone rang.

"I think it's awesome because I know I fit that offense pretty well and the school is very cool," he said.

Beck's conversation with Stanton on Thursday night also excited the quarterback.

"He just told me that he really loves the way that I can both run and throw and he's excited about me," Stanton said.

The quarterback has been working out for various programs all week. His stops included Nebraska, Oregon, Oregon State, (Just offered) and UCLA.

Stanton is a four-star quarterback as rated by 247Sports. He currently holds nine offers.

He has now moved up to the top of my list of available QBs. Saw some additional film and he looks great. Would be a big pickup. Expect him to get an offer today, apparently looked good this morning in camp.

Really. Top of YOUR list??? Expect him to get an offer today....Sean Callahan is that you????

I think we have a very good shot at him. did kincade give any reason why he isnt attending BRW? maybe we could get stanton to attend. probably not though bc he was just here this week

No but I assume the staff told him they offered another QB and put it nicely we have found someone else. He was not that high on us anyways we were on the lower end of his list.

He has now moved up to the top of my list of available QBs. Saw some additional film and he looks great. Would be a big pickup. Expect him to get an offer today, apparently looked good this morning in camp.

Really. Top of YOUR list??? Expect him to get an offer today....Sean Callahan is that you????

Bo, is that you???

I think we have a very good shot at him. did kincade give any reason why he isnt attending BRW? maybe we could get stanton to attend. probably not though bc he was just here this week

No but I assume the staff told him they offered another QB and put it nicely we have found someone else. He was not that high on us anyways we were on the lower end of his list.

I think it was the other way around there chief.

Kincade was never officially coming this weekend. It was always a possibility. The Mississippi schools and KSU are actually a lot further ahead of NU. He probably put it nicely to look at another QB