SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

Just watched the Elite 11 finals last night. Love this kid. See why you guys are all so high on him. Didn't see much in regards to his mechanics, footwork, etc...but there was a reason he was on top of the Elite 11 for that long. More what I liked what just his character throughout the program. He reminds me a lot of Bubba Starling. He'll fit well at Nebraska. I liked Woulard too. That kid has a ton of potential.

And I've got to say, Zaire did not look like a kid that I'd care to see playing for Nebraska. Very few were showboating more than him. Same goes for Kincade. I think we definitely got one of the best kids of this years class. At least as far as "best for Nebraska" goes.

And was anyone else impressed by Trent Dilfer as a coach? How is he not on a staff?

Just watched the Elite 11 finals last night. Love this kid. See why you guys are all so high on him. Didn't see much in regards to his mechanics, footwork, etc...but there was a reason he was on top of the Elite 11 for that long. More what I liked what just his character throughout the program. He reminds me a lot of Bubba Starling. He'll fit well at Nebraska. I liked Woulard too. That kid has a ton of potential.

And I've got to say, Zaire did not look like a kid that I'd care to see playing for Nebraska. Very few were showboating more than him. Same goes for Kincade. I think we definitely got one of the best kids of this years class. At least as far as "best for Nebraska" goes.

And was anyone else impressed by Trent Dilfer as a coach? How is he not on a staff?

Dilfers a great motivator thats for sure. Hes absolutely right on a lot of things hes says...ie... Do you really think your going to get to college and not have to compete, your not going to show up and start, there are other guys just as good as you. Another one....Everyone here has talent, its the ones that work the hardest that will be successful, you cant just rely on talent alone. Lots of great stuff from him. He seems like he would be a good QB coach at least. Myself having a 2 year old son, the part of his 5 yr old passing away brought tears to my eyes, footballs not everything. Gained alot of respect for him, and i hope those kids took some life lessons from the camp, because he was dishing quite a few out.

Future is looking good at QB.

And your right Johnny is a perfect fit for Nebraska football, Rex as a QB.....and everyone calls Westerkamp the Rex of WR. If only the real Rex was a freshman.

Dilfers a great motivator thats for sure. Hes absolutely right on a lot of things hes says...ie... Do you really think your going to get to college and not have to compete, your not going to show up and start, there are other guys just as good as you. Another one....Everyone here has talent, its the ones that work the hardest that will be successful, you cant just rely on talent alone. Lots of great stuff from him. He seems like he would be a good QB coach at least. Myself having a 2 year old son, the part of his 5 yr old passing away brought tears to my eyes, footballs not everything. Gained alot of respect for him, and i hope those kids took some life lessons from the camp, because he was dishing quite a few out.

And your right Johnny is a perfect fit for Nebraska football, Rex as a QB.....and everyone calls Westerkamp the Rex of WR. If only the real Rex was a freshman.

I agree with the thoughts Re: Trent Dilfer. Always thought of him as a bit of a joke and a washed up has-been who's trying to stay relevant and think he's important. Even had that same mentality halfway through the show, as if he was getting off on being a best coaching buddy and then a tough guy to some high school kids. But seeing him talk about his son pretty much shattered that entire paradigm and made me see things more for what they were. I'm a fan.

I agree with the thoughts Re: Trent Dilfer. Always thought of him as a bit of a joke and a washed up has-been who's trying to stay relevant and think he's important. Even had that same mentality halfway through the show, as if he was getting off on being a best coaching buddy and then a tough guy to some high school kids. But seeing him talk about his son pretty much shattered that entire paradigm and made me see things more for what they were. I'm a fan.

Ya at first i was like, what an a hole, hes acting like a big shot yelling at these HS kids. As it went on i started to see the points he was trying to drive home to them. Just like the younger Palmer said at the end, their are more kids that come thru the elite 11 that you wont recongnize, its all about work ethic and drive.

I train dogs for waterfowl hunting, and even the dogs that come from the best pedigree turn out to be failures because they dont have the drive necessary, the drive to do what it takes to get the job done. Some dogs will kill themselves to retrieve, others just dont care ......and they can be brothers or sisters from the same litter, some have it and some dont.