SIGNED LS Gabriel Miller

Nexus

Rubiolongsnapping.com has him rated as the 3rd best LS in this year's class with their top prospect going to Bama and their number 2 going to Michigan.

http://www.rubiolong...3.html#Snappers

What you failed to mention to deter the hating vultures, is that the top two that went to Bama and Michigan are also going on schollies.

His times on his snaps before his senior year, are what many Special Teams coaches wish their LS could achieve.

I think it's like kickers and punters. Maybe less high profile a position, but K/P are often walk-ons too. However, sometimes we get scholarship guys at these positions. Didn't we get a scholarship punter recently? I'm not sure he stuck his commitment, or that might have been the kicker. I forget. We can't always get away with a great walk-on at the perfect time, a la P.J. Mangieri.

He looks good for a LS but I dont know what to think about using a scholarship on a long snapper.

Think of it as an investment that'll pay off the next time you're watching a college football game and you see a team with an errant snap on a punt. The ability to get the football quickly and accurately to the punter's hands generally leads to better punts, increased hang time, better coverage, and the ability to flip the field. Not to mention the precision and timing he'll bring to the table on field goals.

I seem to remember Bo, early in his tenure at NU, stating he didn't offer scholarships to incoming H.S. kickers or punters. My guess is he had a change of heart due to the impact Alex Henry had on games. We offered a few top kickers schollies in the 2011 clclass and ended up taking Bondi. Now we are taking long snappers on scholarship. Quite an evolution for Bo. It's probably a good move. We seem to be filling the positions of greatest need this year (safety, lb, de, te), which allows us the luxury to spend a scholarship on a long snapper.

What a glorious way to get a free education.

Imagine doing that in the NFL. I did this for 6 years in jr. high and high school. I wish somebody would have told me you could make money being a long snapper when I was in high school.

(Took me a while to think of a way to word that last sentence without it ending up in the Out of Context thread, not sure if I succeeded. :/)

Absolutely worth a scholly. With special teams being 1/3 of the whole deal, it's the lack of execution and/or abilities in ST that end up biting you.

(Do you think St. Bobby at Florida St would like to redo his commitment to to ST over his career?)

1078000.jpg

This pic cracks me up for some reason. Maybe it's that sh!t-eatin grin knowing he's going to be Husker

I think it is the fact he looks like he is 12 and this looks like a Pop Warner pic/football card that parents can order to give to all relatives and friends.

Is that why you're carrying it in your wallet?

• Fire 1