Wisconsin fans @ Memorial Stadium

My last bottom line to clear things up from my end:

If you don't want to get patronized on what it's like to be in a big time league, then drop the acting so surprised about how things went in Madison. No one doubts that you are a wonderful, wonderful, historical program coached by Bo Pelini. It's just puzzling that such a wonderful, wonderful program would spend so much time complaining about the same issues that schools like Indiana and Minnesota do.

well its kind of a wakeup call when you are a new member of a conference and have to deal with it on your first road game. I went up to the Michigan game, sure there are some a$$hole$, most of them were just the college kids when we went to party with them at 9 in the morning, but for the most part they were glad we were in the conference and i heard that hundreds of times. "Thanks for coming, see us again soon." "It's great to have a program like yours in our conference now." and much more. From what i heard, the things that went on in Maddison were equivilent or worse to a road trip to Missouri or Colorado.

Playing devil's advocate, I believe one of the reasons for the discrepancy between visits to Ann Arbor and Madison might be in part to the time of the games. A, you have a night game in Madison, allowing students to do enough beer bongs, power hours, and other assortment of drinking games to become pretty lit, I mean, I know I was. B, Ann Arbor was an early day game, where most students were trying to fight the hangover from the previous night, unless of course it was a fraternity formal. Now, I am not saying the time difference is the ultimate reason for difference of atmospheres, however I do think that giving students the opportunity to drink all day would allow for a rowdier bunch. Again, I know many naysayers will not allow this to be any sort of justification, but Madison is known as a party school so obviously the alcohol might have something to do with the experience. Just look at some of the other examples on this board, 02 Penn State and 07 Virginia Tech, both night games and resulting in numerous negative experiences. It is exhausting for everyone involved on this post to continue to bicker back and forth, ultimately only upsetting the opposite parties more. At this point, it only makes sense to agree to disagree and move on, Jesus, is it football season yet?

If you don't want to get patronized on what it's like to be in a big time league, then drop the acting so surprised about how things went in Madison. No one doubts that you are a wonderful, wonderful, historical program coached by Bo Pelini. It's just puzzling that such a wonderful, wonderful program would spend so much time complaining about the same issues that schools like Indiana and Minnesota do.

well its kind of a wakeup call when you are a new member of a conference and have to deal with it on your first road game. I went up to the Michigan game, sure there are some a$$hole$, most of them were just the college kids when we went to party with them at 9 in the morning, but for the most part they were glad we were in the conference and i heard that hundreds of times. "Thanks for coming, see us again soon." "It's great to have a program like yours in our conference now." and much more. From what i heard, the things that went on in Maddison were equivilent or worse to a road trip to Missouri or Colorado.

Playing devil's advocate, I believe one of the reasons for the discrepancy between visits to Ann Arbor and Madison might be in part to the time of the games. A, you have a night game in Madison, allowing students to do enough beer bongs, power hours, and other assortment of drinking games to become pretty lit, I mean, I know I was. B, Ann Arbor was an early day game, where most students were trying to fight the hangover from the previous night, unless of course it was a fraternity formal. Now, I am not saying the time difference is the ultimate reason for difference of atmospheres, however I do think that giving students the opportunity to drink all day would allow for a rowdier bunch. Again, I know many naysayers will not allow this to be any sort of justification, but Madison is known as a party school so obviously the alcohol might have something to do with the experience. Just look at some of the other examples on this board, 02 Penn State and 07 Virginia Tech, both night games and resulting in numerous negative experiences. It is exhausting for everyone involved on this post to continue to bicker back and forth, ultimately only upsetting the opposite parties more. At this point, it only makes sense to agree to disagree and move on, Jesus, is it football season yet?

We did not play VT in 2007.

All you gotta do is go ask around. Every other Big Ten school whose fans I've talked to say Madison is the worst travel experience in the conference. It's not just us, and it's not just because we got our butts beat, and it's not just because it was a night game (although the last two likely contributed to it). It's them. And they know it, and they acknowledge it.

I think we do need to start making sure we keep this whole "Madison was a bad trip" thing in perspective, though. I've heard some people had a bad time and I've heard some examples. Sounds like stuff I wouldn't do, and stuff most Husker fans in Lincoln wouldn't do, but it also doesn't sound all that bad. Some rowdy folks being stupid. It's been worse.

I can tell you that it gets rowdy in Columbus when a night game is at hand (I believe the game is at night this year), so keep that in mind when deciding which gear you are going to wear. I know when Texas came back from their night game there many of their fans were none too happy. Just from on ex-student's perspective their is a night and day attitude difference b/t night and day games at Ohio Stadium. Students will be the coolest you'd want and invite you to a tailgate, but when that 12th hour of tailgating kicks in, so does the immaturity (not for all mind you, but there are around 300K people around the stadium on game day, so the bad apples stick out).

On a side note: I too am a Phi Delt, huskerfan 120889