Terrible Kids! Hey parents, what would you do?

http://www.indiegogo...eforkarenhklein

Check out what this middle school kids do to this bus monitor.

Now, they are trying to raise money for her, they wanted 5K, they over over 240K now! Good for her!

So, parents, what would you do if you found out one of these kids was yours?

Please tell me there would be a nice polite conversation at home, outlining the pros and cons of the situation that occurred and then positive/negative points awarded. :)

not to start a debate or totally derail this thread, but we have no one to blame but ourselves. It started with my parents’ generation (baby boomers). The hippie, relaxed, lazy & non structured parenting that lives by the motto "i want to be my kids friend". For whatever reason all those parents were so put off by some discipline and structure that they decided it was okay to let their kids run amok. Now all those kids (gen x, my generation) have grown to be self entitled turds who don’t believe in winning or losing, or fair and unfair. They want everything equal, give everyone a trophy. You failed the test...oh lets let you retake it, or we curve the grading scale. Johnny got cut from the BB team...lets sue the school. Bunch of freaking pansies. My kids know structure, my kids know punishment. My kids WILL know failure. And hopefully because of all that they will know success.

:boxosoap

and teachercd, if either of my boys did something like that, first I would spank them. They would lose privileges and most importantly they would personally apologize to that poor women for their behavior.

not to start a debate or totally derail this thread, but we have no one to blame but ourselves. It started with my parents’ generation (baby boomers). The hippie, relaxed, lazy & non structured parenting that lives by the motto "i want to be my kids friend". For whatever reason all those parents were so put off by some discipline and structure that they decided it was okay to let their kids run amok. Now all those kids (gen x, my generation) have grown to be self entitled turds who don’t believe in winning or losing, or fair and unfair. They want everything equal, give everyone a trophy. You failed the test...oh lets let you retake it, or we curve the grading scale. Johnny got cut from the BB team...lets sue the school. Bunch of freaking pansies. My kids know structure, my kids know punishment. My kids WILL know failure. And hopefully because of all that they will know success.

and teachercd, if either of my boys did something like that, first I would spank them. They would lose privileges and most importantly they would personally apologize to that poor women for their behavior.

This is the most amazing post I have read! I agree 100%

I always say, "It is not the kids, its the parents!" DO YOUR JOB!

Love your post! Plus 10 billion!

I am tempted to email the principal( his email was included).

I guarantee he wouldn't have treated someone like that in his day, so hopefully he comes down on the,. If i were one of the parents. I would do 1 of 2 things. I would either embarrass the hell out of my kid in public "Make him wear a sign at the mall saying: I like to pick on old people" or I would make them call and talk to KAren.. and send them to an old folks home every day to help out.

I feel sick after watching that. I am 23 and i would never treat anyone like that...

• Fire 1

My Mom is a Boomer. If I messed up, she would beat my ass. I do agree though. It all starts with the parents.

I am tempted to email the principal( his email was included).

I guarantee he wouldn't have treated someone like that in his day, so hopefully he comes down on the,. If i were one of the parents. I would do 1 of 2 things. I would either embarrass the hell out of my kid in public "Make him wear a sign at the mall saying: I like to pick on old people" or I would make them call and talk to KAren.. and send them to an old folks home every day to help out.

I feel sick after watching that. I am 23 and i would never treat anyone like that...

We are the same age, and I was raised to not disrespect my elders. If I wouldve done something like these kids did, and my Father found out he wouldve kicked my ass up and down our block.

My Mom is a Boomer. If I messed up, she would beat my ass. I do agree though. It all starts with the parents.

Well obviously its not everyone. My boomer dad installed a fear of god in me. I wasnt afraid of jail or the police, i was afraid of my dads reaction if I had to deal with either of those two. My parents had rules and we were to obey them. If you lived within those rules you had a lot of freedom. I am raising my boys the same way.

Not only terrible kids, but very unoriginal. They say the same things like a 1000 times in that vid. Sheesh, if you're going to spew some base, obscene crap at someone, at least come up with something witty and original once in a while. :lol:

I would spank my kid for doing that. Then I would tell them how disappointed I am, that they weren't raised to do those things, that they were raised specifically to do/say the OPPOSITE of those things, and they would lose privileges at home.

As soon as is practical, they would apologize to the person face-to-face, it would be a sincere apology - and there would be consequences if it wasn't sincere - I personally would apologize for failing as a parent to properly instill in my child the correct way to behave toward someone (especially A, an Authority Figure and B, an elder), and I would require a sincere written apology to be handed to the person.

This kind of thing would be dealt with quite severely in my house. It is absolutely not tolerated.

My parents are amazing people but they would have beat my ass like no other if i pulled this and i would be better for it. My parents never had to beat my ass because i never did anything like this. they taught me better and i thank them every day. I didnt do drugs, I work hard and I am a good person.. my parents are to thanks for that.

My parents are amazing people but they would have beat my ass like no other if i pulled this and i would be better for it. My parents never had to beat my ass because i never did anything like this.

I never did anything like this to a person. I was busted for property damage when I was a teen, for doing something so utterly stupid that I'm not going to disclose it here for sheer embarrassment, but it ended up costing a few hundred in damage (which I had to repay).

The worst thing about it wasn't that I was actually booked by the police, it wasn't that I was convicted and put on probation, it wasn't the community service or the weekly visits to a probation officer for a year. The worst thing about it was that my parents were disappointed in me. Terribly, terribly disappointed. The ride home from the police station, which I figured would be full of yelling and trauma, was stone silent. The look my mom gave me when they walked into the police office to pick me up may have been the single worst moment of my life.

I think the reason it was so terrible was that I respected my parents so much. They are/were great people. It's punishment enough almost to have them be that disappointed in you, especially knowing (as I well did) how they had raised me NOT to even think about doing something like that. I'll probably remember that disappointment for the rest of my life. And it's inspired me to be the kind of person that my kids would respect, so that if a kid of mine ever got into a situation like I did, the fact that my example has shown them not to do such things would be enough to make them consider, and not do it. It's the parent's job to model that person for the kid.

Maybe these parents did, and the kids just ignored their upbringing. I know I did. But maybe those parents didn't, and they have some work to do on their own behalf.