Terrible Kids! Hey parents, what would you do?

Do you see how kids on TV treat adults on some of these stupid Nick/Disney Channel shows? I wonder if these kids parents give them free reign of the TV remote.

I would definitely make my kid apologize, in person, to this lady...and have some extended punishments at home. (Grounding, no electronics, extra chores, etc)

School District Says They Will Find the Kids Responsible

The Greece Central School District issued a statement in response to the posting of the video:

“This morning we were made aware of a troubling video that was posted to YouTube depicting students ridiculing a bus monitor. We were able to confirm that the woman in the video is a Greece Central School District employee. We immediately activated our district bullying and violence prevention response team to investigate and contacted the Greece Police Department to conduct their own investigation.

“We have discovered other similar videos on YouTube and are working to identify all of the students involved. Links to the YouTube posts were also forwarded to members of the media, some of whom have reported inaccurate and concerning information including names and addresses of students alleged to be involved in the incidents. The bus involved in this incident was carrying middle school students – all of whom are juveniles. Although their behavior was inexcusable, we also have concern for the safety of all involved. We urge patience to allow us to investigate and determine the appropriate discipline.

“Currently, our district security staff and Greece Police are interviewing all of those involved. The Greece Police Department has assigned an investigator to partner with us. The Greece Central School District is committed to providing students and staff with a safe environment that respects the dignity of all. We do not tolerate harassment of staff or students.

LINK

Busted!

School District Says They Will Find the Kids Responsible

The Greece Central School District issued a statement in response to the posting of the video:

“This morning we were made aware of a troubling video that was posted to YouTube depicting students ridiculing a bus monitor. We were able to confirm that the woman in the video is a Greece Central School District employee. We immediately activated our district bullying and violence prevention response team to investigate and contacted the Greece Police Department to conduct their own investigation.

“We have discovered other similar videos on YouTube and are working to identify all of the students involved. Links to the YouTube posts were also forwarded to members of the media, some of whom have reported inaccurate and concerning information including names and addresses of students alleged to be involved in the incidents. The bus involved in this incident was carrying middle school students – all of whom are juveniles. Although their behavior was inexcusable, we also have concern for the safety of all involved. We urge patience to allow us to investigate and determine the appropriate discipline.

“Currently, our district security staff and Greece Police are interviewing all of those involved. The Greece Police Department has assigned an investigator to partner with us. The Greece Central School District is committed to providing students and staff with a safe environment that respects the dignity of all. We do not tolerate harassment of staff or students.

LINK

Busted!

I assume the principal got about 500 emails... Smart move. I would suspend the kids

My parents are amazing people but they would have beat my ass like no other if i pulled this and i would be better for it. My parents never had to beat my ass because i never did anything like this.

I never did anything like this to a person. I was busted for property damage when I was a teen, for doing something so utterly stupid that I'm not going to disclose it here for sheer embarrassment, but it ended up costing a few hundred in damage (which I had to repay).

The worst thing about it wasn't that I was actually booked by the police, it wasn't that I was convicted and put on probation, it wasn't the community service or the weekly visits to a probation officer for a year. The worst thing about it was that my parents were disappointed in me. Terribly, terribly disappointed. The ride home from the police station, which I figured would be full of yelling and trauma, was stone silent. The look my mom gave me when they walked into the police office to pick me up may have been the single worst moment of my life.

I think the reason it was so terrible was that I respected my parents so much. They are/were great people. It's punishment enough almost to have them be that disappointed in you, especially knowing (as I well did) how they had raised me NOT to even think about doing something like that. I'll probably remember that disappointment for the rest of my life. And it's inspired me to be the kind of person that my kids would respect, so that if a kid of mine ever got into a situation like I did, the fact that my example has shown them not to do such things would be enough to make them consider, and not do it. It's the parent's job to model that person for the kid.

Maybe these parents did, and the kids just ignored their upbringing. I know I did. But maybe those parents didn't, and they have some work to do on their own behalf.

I remember those same moments. Far worse than the yelling or the spanking . . . the worst ones were where my parents were sad and disappointed. Ouch.

I was actually booked by the police...I was convicted and put on probation...the community service...the weekly visits to a probation officer for a year.

who knew that knapp was such a rebel and all around general bad@**?!?!?

;)

The Community Service wasn't so bad - I mowed the airport grounds for a month or two, then when the weather turned bad I worked in the public library alphabetizing books and reading to little kids. But I had to go to the probation office every week and talk to my Probation Officer. She would ask about school and make sure my service work got done, and every week she would ask me, "What are you doing here? You're a good kid. You don't belong here. Why are you here?" And she was right, and my parents had raised me better, and it was pretty shameful to have to try to stammer out an answer. She meant it in a kindly way, but it was still a pretty tough question - and she asked it every week.

So, parents, what would you do if you found out one of these kids was yours?

Herein lies the problem...

My kids have two parents who make a continuous effort to be strong role models for them, teach them right from wrong as well as proper public behavior and discipline them when they fail to live up to the expectations set for them.

So the chances of them ever acting in such a manner are quite slim because by the time they reach that age.