Traffic Ticket from Automated Camera - Any Advice?

If there's no time requirement I'd just pay the $100. My state forced me to attend and 8 hour saturday class.

If you want to play hardball, check on Iowa's service of process laws, as well as your own state. In some states you are not legally served until a human touches you with the paper, which is what a traffic cop does when he hands you a ticket. Hence the ones sent in the mail are not legally binding until a human being hands it to you, but then they tack on more fines for avoiding process. But other states will consider you served if it was mailed to your legal address.

check the statute of limitations the service of process. In my state the traffic company had 6 months to serve you in person before the ticket expires. So the second time I got flashed, I did not answer the door for 6 months. I also didn't tell anyone that I changed addresses. THat includes deliveries because process server's will dress in brown UPS clothes and hold a package to get you to answer the door.

Plan D is to show up and find a reason why the camera was wrong or the yellow light had been short changed. Traffic ct judges dislike people who whine, but they also dislike those cameras.

Really though $100 without license points is a bargain the way some states shake you down. I think paying up is the best option. Good luck

Man do I hate those red light camera's not that I've ever gotten a ticket from those bad boys but soon enough there will be a camera on every street monitoring everybody.....now I can't scratch my balls in public without it being caught on camera. Sorry about you getting a ticket for something so small and petty but paying a $100 now that should be the real crime, that's expensive.

Hell we have some highway speed cameras that have been hit....I think we've gone through two of those bad boys and they're pretty expensive. Heres one article about it.

Here's a video of some of the stop light camera's here in the Sioux City area