Spaghetti Works Beer Cheese Pasta Sauce

Found this searching the interwebs and it turned out pretty good and similar to what I remember of the original Spaghetti Works sauce.

Spaghetti Works Beer Cheese Pasta Sauce

8 oz. jar Cheez Whiz (I know- Cheez Whiz... but it worked well)

8 oz. Whole Milk (now's not the time to be thinking low fat or skim)

8 oz. flat beer (I used a decent pale ale but you probably don't want anything too hoppy or too strongly flavored also it was not flat but that only contributed a little bit of extra foaming which subsided)

8 oz. Beef Broth

5 Tbs flour

5 Tbs butter

Optional-Real bacon bits or crisp crumbled bacon

Heat Cheez Whiz, milk, beer, & beef broth to 140 degs. stirring constantly.

Melt butter in sauce pan & add flour, stir until blended, cook 2 minutes but do not brown.

Stir the roux into the the cheese mixture and heat to 160 degs. stirring constantly.

Remove from heat & add bacon bits if desired.

Serve over spaghetti or favorite pasta.

BTW- I did not use any bacon bits and it was still pretty darned good. It's been so long since I've had the real thing at SW, I couldn't remember if theirs even had bacon bits in it.

• 4 years later...

Ha, necro recipe.

I'd totally forgot about this. If I remember right the sauce was pretty darned good and close to what I remember at Spaghetti Works.

I haven't done it again in a long time but this may spur me to do it again. The rest of the family are not fans of anything with beer in it. *losers*

Anyway, let me know what ya think.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/4/2018 at 6:32 PM, rachelk said:

Another key ingredient: Worchestershire sauce. My mom worked at the SW when she was in college and got the recipe. Also, for some reason, you have to use Miller beer if you're following it as she learned it.

Do you have the whole recipe you can share by any chance or can you advise if the op's recipe is accurate? Just want to make it for me and my husband xD

• Plus1 1