Batman Massacre - 12 Killed in Theater shooting; internet forum partially responsible

Wow.

Story: http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

It gets worse:

Apparently the guy posted on an internet forum and the members egged him on, telling him equipment to bring or things to do.

He listened.

http://philly.barstoolsports.com/around-barstool/story-of-the-day-man-shoots-up-midnight-screening-of-dark-knight-killing-14-and-injuring-50-is-the-internet-to-blame/

Again, wow. Humanity is sad.

• Fire 1

I dont get what goes throught peoples minds.. If you're unhappy, go out to a wooded area and kill yourself.. dont ruin other peoples lives because you screwed up and life is rough on you.

Some humans are weak.. blame others for your misfortune... I hope this guy gets locked in a 8/8 cell.. and has to look at the pictures of all the families he ruined.

12 dead right now.. I assume that number will go up.

20 miles away from Columbine...

I feel sick.

Did some looking and it seems probable/likely those screenshots were faked.

9gag is just...bizarre. There's some funny content there (it's basically a list of user-submitted images with captions that are supposed to be funny), but so much of that community just makes me shake my head. Humanity is sad.

My God :(

I couldn't even imagine what it felt like to be in that theatre. This just makes me sick. Im sure you are right that the count will go up a few more but lets be thankful with a theatre of probably over 300 that hopefully less than 20 die. it's just unbelievable, in a sense I wish he would have turned the gun on himself but on the other hand I think it will better for his ass to rot in prison.

And can you believe what some of those comments were from that forum. They didn't sound like they were joking.

9gag is just...bizarre. There's some funny content there (it's basically a list of user-submitted images with captions that are supposed to be funny), but so much of that community just makes me shake my head. Humanity is sad.

Okay. I could see that happening at 9gag. Similar the twitter guy who claimed he was the Alabama tea bagger. (Except this is 10^9X worse)

This whole thing is very disturbing. And why does this keep happening in Colorado anyway? Seriously, why Colorado? I know we relish in making fun of CU fans and all. But Colorado is just another state with people like any other. I don't think CO has a higher incidence of nutjobs than Nebraska or Illinois or any other state.

/edit: I don't intend for this to be an opening to bag on Colorado. I am just wondering why the coincidence? It's just odd.

Yep, I've been looking around a bit as well, and it's probably 50/50 that they were faked.

The internet being the internet, its just as likely for something like this to be true as it is faked. The screen name implicated doesnt match with the one in the photos as far as I can tell, for starters. popcorn.gif to see how this turns out.

But mostly, just sadness for the victims. I went to the midnight showing...can't imagine that happening in Lincoln but god, yesterday I couldnt have imagined it happening anywhere

Yeah, it's horrible. My first thought was if this whole concept of chaos was 'Dark Knight' inspired. The things some really disconnected, sad people can do for their amusement...

As for Colorado, I don't know. Perhaps it's a coincidence that it happened there, or a coincidence that we noticed. Or maybe the proximity to a crime years ago that had such an effect on the national psyche was another source of inspiration - a copycat crime in a way.

the guy was from San Diego.

i used to live about 5 blocks from that theatre. went to movies there every sunday for about 4 years. never the late show though cuz the loitering crowd was not too polite.

crazy and sad

Way to ruin the movie for people across the world. Paris canceled their midnight screening and now there are some theaters in New York that providing extra security just in case some other loser wants to pull a copycat.

I bet this guy is a Avengers fanboy......