Batman Massacre - 12 Killed in Theater shooting; internet forum partially responsible

... Wished I could've been there last night to delete this guy from existence here on this planet and send him to where he really deserves to exist..... HELL!

I didn't find out about this tragedy until I was halfway to work this morning..And it was about a half hour later when arriving at work that I remembered my Nephew's fiance lives in Aurora close to my Nephew's Denver Denver apaetment.

I almost never worry about stuff like this, but with all the great stuff my nephew has gotten for me and other family members at Best Buy every "Black Friday" by camping out the night before..I could really see him being one of "those people" that had to be the first one to see this movie.

I forgot to bring my phone with me today, so I had no way of contacting him..No idea what anyone's phone # is any more..They're all in the phone or somewhere on an old computer with a fried hard drive in my garage..Waited patiently for my 1st break, so I could get on facebook and read an expected message from someone..anyone..that would know he was all right.

Neither he nor his Fiance..My Niece..My Bro..No posts for over a week.

Lunchtime break..My brother's Sister in law replied to my "Worried" post..That she hadn't heard anything..and that that was probably good..Eased my mind a little and I tried not to think about it the rest of the day.

Picked up my Son after work and mentioned to my Ex how worried I'd been most of the day, so my Son texted my nephew that I was worried (like leetle girl) and got a call back letting us know they hadn't been shot.

By the time I got home, my nephew posted on my FB post something about if he'd been there, he would've returned fire.

But with the reports of stray bullets going through the walls into other theaters in the plex, I'd be concerned with "blowback" and not being able to really know if you had a clear shot or what would be on the other side of any wall.

I'd just as soon tackle him..HARD!!!

As My ex and I were discussing the whole thing, we were both wondering aloud what the conspiracy theorists take on this thing might end up being..

Here's the all too obvious one... http://www.naturalne...false_flag.html

Colorado Batman shooting shows obvious signs of being staged

James Holmes, the Aurora, Colorado shooter who reportedly opened fire at a Batman movie premiere, was a medical student at the University of Colorado, pursuing a PhD in neuroscience

There is already conjecture that James Holmes may have been involved in mind-altering neuroscience research and ended up becoming involved at a depth he never anticipated....

His behavior doesn't add up

His behavior already reveals stark inconsistencies that question the mainstream explanation of events. For example, he opened fire on innocent people but then calmly surrendered to police without resistance. This is not consistent with the idea of "killing everyone."

Furthermore, he then admitted to police that his apartment was booby-trapped with explosives. If you were really an evil-minded Joker trying to kill people (including cops), why would you warn them about the booby trap in advance? It doesn't add up.

[/left]

Lot more explanation/links at the link..I was going to just include paragraph titles..Hope I deleted enough..My computer is acting a little quorky tonight

I'm not big on conspiracy theorist, however I do like reading into them and sometimes people have some very good opinions, and some facts. Unfortunately this will be a case where the general public will never know his motive, and of it was a setup the word will never get out. My question is, if these setups were actually true, and they recruit people to go through with an act of terror like that, how could they justify locking them up in prison their whole life? Now I don't believe this was a setup because the mother said publicly that she wasn't surprised her son was capable of this (unless she was fed what to say by a higher power, part of the setup conspiracy). There are lots of things wrong with this conspiracy. Too many things have to go perfectly planned. The first is finding someone dumb enough to betray their society, then you have to hope whoever gets asked/called upon doesn't open there mouth to any media. If the government is behind on attacks like these then the perps shouldn't be locked up for life. So maybe they claim they are in solitary, then give them a new identity, ship them overseas, and give them a boat load of money??? Nah it couldn't be possible, someone would spot their face. The guns were bought at retail stores, most of the armor was probably just bought online, or from a friggin garage sale from an x swat team member, who the hell knows. Conspiracies are fun to think about, but a waste of time to try proving.

And some of the things in there are incorrect. Someone obviously taught him the skills?? Well with anywhere between 12-16 dead and 50+ injured that's a pretty sh**ty ratio, I'm sure if I had no experience with the heavy artillery he had I'd have about the same numbers. (don't mean to offend, just making a point) You don't need training to open fire in a crowded public area. And as far as everyone complaining about gun laws etc, let's just do it, let's make everything harder to acquire a gun, and maybe even ban them all together, because that will definitely keep firearms out of criminals hands! Give me a break

And some of the things in there are incorrect. Someone obviously taught him the skills?? Well with anywhere between 12-16 dead and 50+ injured that's a pretty sh**ty ratio, I'm sure if I had no experience with the heavy artillery he had I'd have about the same numbers. (don't mean to offend, just making a point) You don't need training to open fire in a crowded public area. And as far as everyone complaining about gun laws etc, let's just do it, let's make everything harder to acquire a gun, and maybe even ban them all together, because that will definitely keep firearms out of criminals hands! Give me a break

You forgot your sarcasm sticky but I get your drift. I'm afraid a lot of people will jump on the bandwagon to limit/eliminate gun and ammo sales. With over 300 million people in our country, it's not hard to see that 2 or 3 a year would go psycho enough to want to live out the video games they have been playing for 10 years. Unfortunately it is part of the society we live in and attempting to take away guns under the guise of making society more safe is futile.

I just read a news flash that said the Aurora Police would use a robot to detonate the apartment where this young man apparently booby trapped. It's understandable that no bomb expert in their right mind would want to do this job, but the conspiracy theorists will say that doing this will destroy most of the evidence and cover the tracks of "anyone" who may have helped him.

I just read a news flash that said the Aurora Police would use a robot to detonate the apartment where this young man apparently booby trapped.

Reminds me of when authorities burned the "bomb house" a couple years back in San Diego...well they built a giant wall around it first.

To me it seemed like one of those plans thought up of as a joke, taken seriously and then actually carried out, but I guess sometimes there's no easy way to clean up such messes. I mean, I wouldn't want to be the guy that had to go in and undo some psycho's explosives. I'd burn it too.

I just read a news flash that said the Aurora Police would use a robot to detonate the apartment where this young man apparently booby trapped. It's understandable that no bomb expert in their right mind would want to do this job, but the conspiracy theorists will say that doing this will destroy most of the evidence and cover the tracks of "anyone" who may have helped him.

Looks like the conspiracy theorists will have to be put on hold:

http://www.reuters.c...E86J0AM20120722

Bomb experts used a remote-controlled robot to enter Holmes' apartment in Aurora and disabled two trip wires connected to a series of 30 improvised explosives that authorities said would likely have blown up the entire three-story apartment building.

By late Saturday afternoon, police had removed the last of the devices, packed them in sand in a dump truck and drove them away, a law enforcement source familiar with the matter said.

Authorities said they were working carefully to preserve any evidence in the apartment, which could shed light on the motives for a crime that stunned Aurora and much of the nation.

On Drudge, Witness: Someone let gunman inside Colorado movie theater, though it sounds like, at least to me, that the witness is a bit confused. He says he saw someone receive a phone call, get up and walk to the emergency exit from which, sometime later, the gunman entered. Other reports I've read have said that it was Holmes leaving to suit up and that he simply propped the door open.

Holmes in Jail:

“Let’s just say he hasn’t shown any remorse,” the employee said. “He thinks he’s acting in a movie.”

“All the inmates were talking about killing him,” Wayne Medley, 24, said as he left the facility. “Everyone was looking for an opportunity. It’s all they could talk about.”

Also the 9gag post referenced by the OP was apparently fraudulent, from 9gag;

"The Colorado ‘Dark Knight’ shooting is a devastating tragedy, and our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families. When we initially heard the rumor that one of our users may have been involved, we did an immediate and thorough search of the site and found absolutely zero evidence that any of the alleged posts ever appeared on 9GAG. Any reports otherwise are completely untrue and we ask your help in putting this incredibly insensitive hoax to rest. Our hearts go out to the victims and their families and, as the investigation continues, we will certainly help in any way we can."

Honor among thieves. It never fails.

People in prison hardly ever commit violent crimes "for no reason", in their mind, they were right. This guy, has no reason and he will soon learn what honor among thieves really means.

I'm sure something was wrong with him. A fully functional human doesn't have the rational thinking to commit an act like this. He was smiling in his mug shot for Gods sake. The dude is f'd up, and new statements have said this was planned for months. so I doubt it was something that triggered him like most shooters. A lot of times something just recently happens that puts them over the line and they go buzzerk. This guy had it all planned out, so it makes it more questionable and the animosity is killing me

Honor among thieves. It never fails.

People in prison hardly ever commit violent crimes "for no reason", in their mind, they were right. This guy, has no reason and he will soon learn what honor among thieves really means.

I'm sure something was wrong with him. A fully functional human doesn't have the rational thinking to commit an act like this. He was smiling in his mug shot for Gods sake. The dude is f'd up, and new statements have said this was planned for months. so I doubt it was something that triggered him like most shooters. A lot of times something just recently happens that puts them over the line and they go buzzerk. This guy had it all planned out, so it makes it more questionable and the animosity is killing me

Totally agree, this guy planned and planned and planned.

Looks like the conspiracy theorists will have to be put on hold:

http://www.reuters.c...E86J0AM20120722

Bomb experts used a remote-controlled robot to enter Holmes' apartment in Aurora and disabled two trip wires connected to a series of 30 improvised explosives that authorities said would likely have blown up the entire three-story apartment building.

By late Saturday afternoon, police had removed the last of the devices, packed them in sand in a dump truck and drove them away, a law enforcement source familiar with the matter said.

Authorities said they were working carefully to preserve any evidence in the apartment, which could shed light on the motives for a crime that stunned Aurora and much of the nation.

I saw that too and am happy the police were able to disarm the apartment. Let's hope they can dig through his records and discover enough evidence to answer the questions we all have. If he had help in the planning, I hope they can find the person. No amount of answers will remove the pain from those who lost loved ones and must go on with their lives.

• Fire 1