Batman Massacre - 12 Killed in Theater shooting; internet forum partially responsible

No one is arguing that they are all lunatics. It's simply saying that if James Holmes were of a different race you would likely see news agenices attaching a label. That's not me being racist, thats me saying how it is. To think that anything different would happen is foolish.

Exactly, had he been middle eastern the entire media would be reporting on a suspected "terroristic attack" before he would have even had a chance to speak. A white american could still be a terrorist but the government would not like that information out there. They try to scare us by attaching stereotypes to certain groups of human beings. When you board a plane are you more worried about the 40 year old business man dressed up in a suit and tie, or the middle eastern gentleman with a robe and head cover. and if that planes happens to go down because of suspected terrorism, do you think the agencies will be searching the profiles of Caucasians first?? Every crime that is committed is differently handled by the race of the person, it's sickening but its reality.

They try to scare us by attaching stereotypes to certain groups of human beings. When you board a plane are you more worried about the 40 year old business man dressed up in a suit and tie, or the middle eastern gentleman with a robe and head cover?

Why, of course I would be more worried about the 40 year old business man dressed up in a suit and tie. Because of those 19 middle aged business men dressed up in suits and ties who highjacked four planes on Sept. 11, 2001.

:wacko:

Why do so many people want this guy dead? Im sorry, maybe its just me, but I want the harshest punishment for this guy. Make the kid live in solitary confinement for the rest of his life. Death is too quick and easy. 70 years living by himself, no contact with anyone is ALOT worse than death IMHO. Make him think about what he did to all these people, make him think about what his life could have been like had he gone for his PhD and made something out of himself. Solitary confinement is more torture than death...

Po- I fully undestand the sentiment of wanting him to suffer as much and as long as possible but, for me, the sooner this character quits using our air, the better. I really don't care if he realizes what he took away from so many people or not. I think we'll all heal quicker the sooner he is dust. The one thing I do wish for is that everyone forgets his name. He deserves no recognition whatsoever.

• 10 months later...

Judge accepts plea of not guilty by reason of insanity.

Just to clarify, the judge is just allowing this defense. He was not found "not guilty by reason of insanity." He was simply allowed to argue insanity now, while before he was just arguing "not guilty." The judge allows a line of defense before a jury can hear it. It is usually a tough burden to pass by a judge, though.

Judge accepts plea of not guilty by reason of insanity.

Just to clarify, the judge is just allowing this defense. He was not found "not guilty by reason of insanity." He was simply allowed to argue insanity now, while before he was just arguing "not guilty." The judge allows a line of defense before a jury can hear it. It is usually a tough burden to pass by a judge, though.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't elaborate very well (at all).