UFO's. Do you believe in extraterrestrial life?

Don't want to change the subject at all but, I find it sort of amusing that so many who claim there is no God (because of lack of scientific proof) have a much different outlook about the existence of intelligent life elsewhere (with the same lack of scientific proof)). Just an observation.

Ha ha! That's true. I guess you can't prove there aren't UFOs just like you can't prove God exists. :lol:

it is a funny observation at first approximation (and made me think a bit), but to me they are pretty different. an atheist believes he/she exists without a god, so in an infinite (or nearly infinite, or however large) universe it would stand to reason that creatures somewhere else developed and evolved similarly as we did; it is hard to imagine such a vast universe with only one planet that can sustain life. the two beliefs are very different. there is scientific proof regarding how we evolved and from what we developed, there is reason to believe it could happen elsewhere.

But if God created life here then he could have created it every where. I'm not saying that's what I believe I'm just throwing it out there for consideration.

Don't want to change the subject at all but, I find it sort of amusing that so many who claim there is no God (because of lack of scientific proof) have a much different outlook about the existence of intelligent life elsewhere (with the same lack of scientific proof)). Just an observation.

Ha ha! That's true. I guess you can't prove there aren't UFOs just like you can't prove God exists. :lol:

it is a funny observation at first approximation (and made me think a bit), but to me they are pretty different. an atheist believes he/she exists without a god, so in an infinite (or nearly infinite, or however large) universe it would stand to reason that creatures somewhere else developed and evolved similarly as we did; it is hard to imagine such a vast universe with only one planet that can sustain life. the two beliefs are very different. there is scientific proof regarding how we evolved and from what we developed, there is reason to believe it could happen elsewhere.

But if God created life here then he could have created it every where. I'm not saying that's what I believe I'm just throwing it out there for consideration.

the bible would disagree with you. that would be my point.

(i was going to leave it at that, but... so we are to believe he left his ONLY son to die with us and redeem only our sins? pretty inconsiderate god, if you asked me).

(and if you say, we are the only intelligent life, why create any other life? was he just bored? was it just so we could have this debate?).

Why is it so ignorant to think advanced life elsewhere in the universe would be looking for other lifeforms when the only intelligent lifeforms we know (we, the humans) are doing that very thing. We spend billions of dollars on space exploration. Why would it seem ignorant to think of other lifeforms are doing the same. And there is nothing more interesting than life itself. I'm sure if they are out there that's what they are mainly looking for. Another thing to point out is many scientists are now saying that with all the new info they are getting the possibilities of life evolving on other planets is much greater than they had thought in the past.

Here's a video of Neil DeGrasse Tyson dispelling myth's about mainstream science.

Why is it so ignorant to think advanced life elsewhere in the universe would be looking for other lifeforms when the only intelligent lifeforms we know (we, the humans) are doing that very thing. We spend billions of dollars on space exploration. Why would it seem ignorant to think of other lifeforms are doing the same. And there is nothing more interesting than life itself. I'm sure if they are out there that's what they are mainly looking for. Another thing to point out is many scientists are now saying that with all the new info they are getting the possibilities of life evolving on other planets is much greater than they had thought in the past.

Here's a video of Neil DeGrasse Tyson dispelling myth's about mainstream science.

I wouldn't say it's ignorant...just a huge jump to assume advanced life who has perfected space travel and is similar to us humanoids. When we don't have any conclusive evidence. The best anyone can come up with is conspiracy theories about "Area 51" and fuzzy photos/videos of lights in the sky.

I think life may be totally possible. But I'm not about to jump the conclusion that it's like us, has evolved similarly to us and developed a sense of self awareness and curiosity for the universe around it. The odds are that life could be out there. But if there is, the odds are probably also more in favor of non-intelligent life than intelligent. Think about how much non-intelligent life is on our own planet.