CB Jonathan Cook [Alabama - Signed NLI]

Nexus

I think he is a pretty soft commit. He's says he will still be taking all 5 of his official visits.

Ya, seems like a "sounds good and I want to hold a spot" deal. I do think he's more likely to stay committed than the guy he replaced but I don't know if I'm as excited about him as Dixon. We'll see what happens.

was excited to i read the stories too about him still taking his 5......

my thoughts are similar... hold my nebraska spot... play my ass off and see if i get offered somewhere else which in my mind is better...... kinda bummed out.... i wonder if he will make it here.....

I think if our coaches stay in good contact with him and he doesnt change his mind before he makes his official we have a great chance at keeping him. he is alot more solid than tre'vell dixon, although that isnt saying alot

lets see how well TJ can work with this guy and keep him N...... its gonna be a strong test for him..... i mean taking 4 officials is gonna be a lot to contend with

So with Cook committing, that gives us 14 for the year (15 if you throw in Dixon's commit just for argument sake). When was the last time we had this many commits before the first game of the year? And where were we this time last year or any of the Pelini years? I have not followed the recruiting process very long, but I have to say that I am impressed with the number of verbals. Clearly we are not going to be OSU, U$C, Michigan, or Texas where there is deep talent base to lock up early(See 2014 Texas commit list) but this is something for this team and state to be proud of.