Freshman drawing "rave reviews"

Didn't even think about Cross. Good call. My bet is it's either him or Jackson. HO says Jackson impressed this summer too.

Yep, Bo said Evans and Jackson will be holding down the nickel spot, he also said that doesnt rule out Jackson playing outside either, sounds like he came in, in great shape. Big reason they announced heard back to RB IMO

For the record, Cody Green did not start the 2009 OU game. His first appearance was on the 1 yard line with 99 yards to go.

Cody Green did start the OU '09 game. That is on record. Sam Spade, I was not disaggreeing with you, just using your point to lead to mine, that Green shouldntve started. He was no where near ready, but that we had pretty much no choice at the time. Physical Ability was not an issue for Green. We had seen flashes of brilliance to that point, but mentally, he just didnt have "it".

For the Record:

2009 NU/OU Stats & Play by Play

For the record, Cody Green did not start the 2009 OU game. His first appearance was on the 1 yard line with 99 yards to go.

Cody Green did start the OU '09 game. That is on record. Sam Spade, I was not disaggreeing with you, just using your point to lead to mine, that Green shouldntve started. He was no where near ready, but that we had pretty much no choice at the time. Physical Ability was not an issue for Green. We had seen flashes of brilliance to that point, but mentally, he just didnt have "it".

For the Record:

2009 NU/OU Stats & Play by Play

I stand corrected. Thank you. I remember now, Cody Green was like a deer in headlights. My bad.

It's definitely Cross. The coaches talked about him in Columbus yesterday.

Well, we're gonna need more than that. What's the scoop man?

IF......he can move like he looks and carry some speed with his size.......he and Rex could be the best 1-2 punch in the B1G.......

Exactly! Not to mention the depth of Abdullah and Morrow in there as well. I'm excited about our rushing ability/strength

Ah yes, the annual preseason "<new guy> will start/be All B1G/be All-American" discussion.

no, i don't think anyone is saying that, as you know, i NEVER drink the koolaid, but for just once, i have a hunch this kid just may be, may be, a real sleeper. i hate hunches, and seldom ever subscribe to them, but wrong as i may be, i think this kid could be a ringer......physically, he is way ahead of anyone else at his position.......let's hope he is a pleasant surprise.......he doesn't need to be an All American, he just needs to be solid and contribute......of course the O line needs to do it's part too.

Ah yes, the annual preseason "<new guy> will start/be All B1G/be All-American" discussion.

no, i don't think anyone is saying that, as you know, i NEVER drink the koolaid, but for just once, i have a hunch this kid just may be, may be, a real sleeper. i hate hunches, and seldom ever subscribe to them, but wrong as i may be, i think this kid could be a ringer......physically, he is way ahead of anyone else at his position.......let's hope he is a pleasant surprise.......he doesn't need to be an All American, he just needs to be solid and contribute......of course the O line needs to do it's part too.

I meant the overall tone of the thread, not any player in particular. Just that time of the year when everything is sunshine and roses. I'm sure I'll be part-way convinced we're winning them all by Sep. 1st.

And I hope you're right.

Wow this thread was much less eventful than I thought or hoped it would be. However I doubt it would matter. How many times have we heard this before and then said freshman never see the field until they are juniors.

True freshman are good enough to start at Oregon, and SEC country but not Nebraska. Until I see a TRUE freshman start in a big game, Threads about freshman mean pretty much nothing. :dunno

Every game is big. And for the record: Tyler Moore, Jamal Turner, Quincy Enunwa, Ciante Evans and Ryne Reeves were all true freshman who started at least one game and/or played significant snaps in their true freshman season.

Other true freshman that played recently but didn't start: Aaron Green (transferred), Braylon Heard and Andrew Rodriguez.