Chick-fil-A

Now when the head man at Chick-fil-A said that he was a Christian and that he believed in traditional marriage, that being between a man and a woman, that was an example of the "bad" hate.

Right, because that's what the hullabaloo is all about. It has nothing to do with the company donating millions of dollars to hate groups.

So, that's the "bad" hate, right?

Who cares what they do with their money. If you don't like it, don't line their pockets. All this is doing is generating a backlash against LGBT groups. And Chick-fil-A doesn't have a monopoly on hate. We saw a lot of it on the other side the past few days. When you drive up to the window and belittle the person working the window, that's the good hate, right? It's only bad when it gets your butt fired.

Hate is hate. I don't see the point in trying to give it some arbitrary good-to-bad ranking. Unless you're trying to justify your own intolerance, then I could see how it could come in handy.

Well, we have a winner! That's my point. Hate is hate, but in everyone's eyes, hate is either good or bad - nothing arbitrary about it. Everyone sees their own little hatreds for any and everything as okay...kinda' like your hatred of Chick-fil-A. That's good hatred as far as you're concerned because you're sticking up for a protected class. Chick-fil-A's President, however, doesn't see what he is doing as "hateful." And even if he did, he has his religion backing him up...he believes he's going to heaven because of it - not in spite of it. And your backhanded charge of intolerance runs off my back like water off a duck except for one case - unlike you, I am intolerant of intolerance.

Now when the head man at Chick-fil-A said that he was a Christian and that he believed in traditional marriage, that being between a man and a woman, that was an example of the "bad" hate.

Right, because that's what the hullabaloo is all about. It has nothing to do with the company donating millions of dollars to hate groups.

What is a hate group? What kinds of things do hate groups do?

In at least one case, I know of one that holds "kiss-ins" at popular restaurants and goes through the drive-up and belittles the young lady just trying to earn a living instead of going on the dole. The guy who did that works for a hate group, apparently. They fired him for supporting LGBTs with his own little unique hatred.

• Fire 1

http://eqfl.org/node/1907

So, that's the "bad" hate, right?

Who cares what they do with their money. If you don't like it, don't line their pockets. All this is doing is generating a backlash against LGBT groups. And Chick-fil-A doesn't have a monopoly on hate. We saw a lot of it on the other side the past few days. When you drive up to the window and belittle the person working the window, that's the good hate, right? It's only bad when it gets your butt fired.

Hate is hate. I don't see the point in trying to give it some arbitrary good-to-bad ranking. Unless you're trying to justify your own intolerance, then I could see how it could come in handy.

Well, we have a winner! That's my point. Hate is hate, but in everyone's eyes, hate is either good or bad - nothing arbitrary about it. Everyone sees their own little hatreds for any and everything as okay...kinda' like your hatred of Chick-fil-A. That's good hatred as far as you're concerned because you're sticking up for a protected class. Chick-fil-A's President, however, doesn't see what he is doing as "hateful." And even if he did, he has his religion backing him up...he believes he's going to heaven because of it - not in spite of it. And your backhanded charge of intolerance runs off my back like water off a duck except for one case - unlike you, I am intolerant of intolerance.

Who said I hate Chick-Fil-A?

Exodus International -

Why is this a hate group?

American Family Association -

Group appears to do the same thing that most social organizations do. I actually never heard of the group. From what I can tell, from the 3 articles that I read, they are saying 'here is the situation, these are players involved, here's how you act/react'. Their agenda is definitely clear.

What I don't get is that if someone believes the kind behavior in public shown in this link is unacceptable then they are hateful. There is zero logic in that.

Family Research Council -

Looks to be about the same as AFA.

Guess hate isn't the KKK anymore.

Exodus International -

Group appears to do the same thing that most social organizations do. I actually never heard of the group. From what I can tell, from the 3 articles that I read, they are saying 'here is the situation, these are players involved, here's how you act/react'. Their agenda is definitely clear.

What I don't get is that if someone believes the kind behavior in public shown in this link is unacceptable then they are hateful. There is zero logic in that.

Most social organizations attempt to limit the rights of and promote hostility towards homosexuals?

It's quite clear why these organizations are designated as hate groups.

Exodus International -

Exodus promotes the idea that Gays can be 'fixed' and made strait.

AFA is a group that would like a theocracy, and they make a point to do everything they can to stifle free speech as well as oppress gays.

The FRC actually promotes the idea of criminalizing 'gay behavior'

These are the public statements these groups make. They may not be lynching people like the KKK did, they are more savvy of the laws than that, and are instead trying to create laws against those they hate.

• Fire 1

Exodus promotes the idea that Gays can be 'fixed' and made strait.

AFA is a group that would like a theocracy, and they make a point to do everything they can to stifle free speech as well as oppress gays.

The FRC actually promotes the idea of criminalizing 'gay behavior'

These are the public statements these groups make. They may not be lynching people like the KKK did, they are more savvy of the laws than that, and are instead trying to create laws against those they hate.

Your views as to whether or not you believe, or Exodus for that matter, believe that someone can be 'fixed' is no rationale to determine what is hate or not. You don't agree, so it is hate.

I would be interested to see your examples of stifling free speech. If it involved wearing banana hammocks in public, vandalizing private businesses or harassing girls that work in a drive thru then we have different views on free speech.

I don't know what criminalizing gay behavior means. It would be hateful in fact to put someone in jail because of a sexual preference, but I believe it is extremely unlikely that is even close to anything that is going here.

Is the ACLU a hateful organization?

i am getting really tired of all this relativism. someone criticizes fox news, inevitably someone will point out faults with msnbc. people do not like what the chick-fil-a owner said, we get a worthless conversation about what side had the most egregious reaction. the conversation between obama and romney degenerate the same. just because someone did something equally bad or worse does not resolve or make the initial offensive act forgiven or not worth a conversation. this tit-for-tat dialogue serves no purpose and goes nowhere.

• Fire 1

i am getting really tired of all this relativism. someone criticizes fox news, inevitably someone will point out faults with msnbc. people do not like what the chick-fil-a owner said, we get a worthless conversation about what side had the most egregious reaction. the conversation between obama and romney degenerate the same. just because someone did something equally bad or worse does not resolve or make the initial offensive act forgiven or not worth a conversation. this tit-for-tat dialogue serves no purpose and goes nowhere.

Take a vacation from HB.

• 1 year later...