Manufactured Controversy?

If someone has a better topic to discuss then by all means start a thread and talk about it. Don't come into another thread and express your boredom. This topic evolved into what it is now, nobody came in here and just derailed it.

Besides, nobody is forcing you to participate in this thread. If you don't like it, and you feel the need to post telling people you don't like it, that makes you worse than anything in the thread.

So, if you see a bunch of kids beating up an elderly lady and you say something about it...you're a hypocrite? In this instance, the elderly lady is the thread and the kids are all the people pushing it off topic and debating things like 'wanting it more'. That makes me a hypocrite about a much as it makes me the President of the United States. Back to the topic at hand, manufactured controversy. Keep it rollin....

I find your use of incomprehensible and ludicrous metaphors more derailing than the current discussion.

And no, you're a hypocrite because your idea of getting a thread back on topic is to then post a completely useless, pretentious, and over-the-top diatribe about how silly the thread has become. If you'd like, I can create a diagram showing the evolution of this thread.

Manufactured controversy > Jason Peter is behind it > Jason Peter talks too often about us not wanting it enough > what is wanting it enough and how relevant is it.

I'm profoundly sorry you don't like the direction the thread went, but instead of being demeaning, you could post something worthwhile. But this, of course, is your idea of getting the thread back on topic.

Back to the topic at hand, manufactured controversy. Keep it rollin....

You might as well have typed gibberish for all the use that was. If you have nothing to contribute, don't, otherwise you're being a hypocrite :)

• Fire 2

So, if you see a bunch of kids beating up an elderly lady and you say something about it...you're a hypocrite?

In this instance, the elderly lady is the thread and the kids are all the people pushing it off topic and debating things like 'wanting it more'. That makes me a hypocrite about a much as it makes me the President of the United States.

Back to the topic at hand, manufactured controversy. Keep it rollin....

You just killed the thread.

shirleytemplehorror.gif

I don't give two squirts what direction a thread goes but people went ON and ON and ON about 'wanting it more' and it's full of fail to keep beating a dead horse...but by all means, keep beating it if you wish....I'm not forced to read the thread...but I can and will continue to call out ridiculousness when I see it.

Then don't post in it. Nobody needs you to come here netcopping this thread. Move on.

Dude, don't talk down to me. Don't sit there and condescend to me thinking I don't know how to read a thread on a message board. I didn't talk down to you specifically and I'm sorry if you considered yourself 'one of the kids'...you're lowering this to a personal attack...don't be that guy.

I don't give two squirts what direction a thread goes but people went ON and ON and ON about 'wanting it more' and it's full of fail to keep beating a dead horse...but by all means, keep beating it if you wish....I'm not forced to read the thread...but I can and will continue to call out ridiculousness when I see it.

Yeah, you do. Otherwise you wouldn't have inserted yourself into the conversation, said it was the single most epicly DUMB thread you'd ever read, (brilliant) and then started whining about being talked down to. The best part is the inherent hypocrisy of your position: I can tell everyone that they're idiots, but don't be condescending to me. Awesome. :lol:

Im just sayin. Yes, I have read every word of it too. I really have never seen such back and forth blee blee blee, bla bla bla. Some said wanting it is an issue. others said it isnt. I said it's dumber'en hell to argue (discuss) it. That's my take.

You have too seen this kind of blee blee blee, bla bla bla. You're no newbie here. We do this every August.