1st Practice Highlights

On the first day of practice, sophomore running back Braylon Heard worked with both the offense and the defense, Pelini said.

“We'll see how things play out,” Pelini said. “He spent most of his time on offense today and we'll see how camp goes and how season progresses, but we're prepared to use him a little bit on defense if need be.”

Everyone knows by now Klatchko is transferring due to "personality differences"

Peat is not on the 105 due to a lingering back injury apparently "only part of it"

Nebraska had several freshman walk-ons included on the 105-man roster for fall camp this year.

Among the freshman walk-ons were: Fullback Andy Janovich, wide receiver Brandon Reilly, running back King Frazier, running back Jordan Nelson, running back Graham Nabity and wide receiver Sam Foltz.

Alonzo Moore and Jared Afalava are still waiting clearance from the NCAA after having to resubmitt some paperwork. Sounds like Avalava is closer then Moore. May see them both redshirting unless the get here soon.

NCAA is allowing 2 more GAs so we have added Joe Ganz (huge) and Jake Mandelko who will be working with dbs. Other 2 are still Vince Marrow and Tj Hollowell.

Ausitn Cassidy is coming back as a volunteer assistant.

Freshman Paul Thurston taking some snaps at center.

Tyson Broekemeier injured his knee, but Bo said the quarterback would be fine. “It's just a short-term thing”

Pelini again committing to being more balanced.

“We feel like we're going to be able to throw the ball more effectively than we have in the past, going to be more committed to it, put more time into it,” Pelini said. “I thought the offseason lent itself well to doing that, but time will tell.”

Feel free to add photos or other tid bits you have read, heard, link articles ect.

• Fire 3

First time i heard about Klachko. I had some high hopes for him, but it sounds like he didn't want to be here. Enough said, find someone who wants to be here.

Sucks that Peat is having some injury trouble, but it sounds like there is more under the covers. I hope we don't here about him transferring as well.

Is it me, or do we go through the whole academic hoops every year?

Sucks that Peat is having some injury trouble, but it sounds like there is more under the covers. I hope we don't here about him transferring as well.

Peat's issues are more... Under the table. He needs to stop investing all his money in McDonalds and buckle down and get ready to play football.

Martinez.jpg

This is the South Carolina game last year. Taylor's stance was not really ever the problem, which is all that is shown in either picture, this one or the above. It was all the things happening after the stance that were causing him problems. Big hopes coming into this season for the kid. Really hope his hard work pays off. I remember a photo months ago that showed quite an ugly side of Taylor's throwing motion. Dozens of Huskerboard members noted that the photo meant nothing and that the circumstances surrounding the photo left too much unknown. It makes me laugh. We will all know soon enough if things are going to work out for this team with Taylor at the helm.

591693.jpg

Martinez looking like a QB and Imani Cross getting some reps.

Martinez.jpg

This is the South Carolina game last year. Taylor's stance was not really ever the problem, which is all that is shown in either picture, this one or the above. It was all the things happening after the stance that were causing him problems. Big hopes coming into this season for the kid. Really hope his hard work pays off. I remember a photo months ago that showed quite an ugly side of Taylor's throwing motion. Dozens of Huskerboard members noted that the photo meant nothing and that the circumstances surrounding the photo left too much unknown. It makes me laugh. We will all know soon enough if things are going to work out for this team with Taylor at the helm.

I'm sorry, but I see a huge difference. In the recent pic, he has his left shoulder pointed at the target. This is perfect. His right elbow is high, just as it should be. His feet are parallel to the line of scrimmage, as they should be.

In the SC game pic, his shoulders are square with the line of scrimmage. Bad, very bad. His right elbow is way to low. Not as it should be. His feet are pointing downfield and they should not be.