Your First Husker Game

Landlord just said something about his first Husker game. Made me think back to my first game - 1981 at Manhattan, tickets in the SW corner, right down front, and the Huskers ran several TDs right at us. I was 11 years old and awestruck by our team.

Nebraska won 49-3 that day and I got to see Turner Gill, Irving Fryar, Mike Rozier, Roger Craig, and a bunch of guys who would go on to become the backbone of the Scoring Explosion team.

What was your first game? Fond memories or something you'd like to forget?

First game...1991 Kansas in Manhattan a.k.a. Calvin Jones' big day.

First Home game...1993 Missouri Trev Alberts was a beast and Calvin Jones was awesome again!!

I don't even remember my first home game. I know we sat in the second-to-last row in the South Stadium, and we blew away whomever we played. But I have no idea who that opponent was or even what year it was.

The first game I can remember is 1992 vs. Colorado. Snowing like a mo fo. I was only 8 years old. My cousin took me and he was cold, wanted to leave and i wouldnt let him. I had been to spring games before. most notably 2 years prior to that. My dad took me out on the field during warm ups to get Tom Osborne's autograph. I dont know how he pulled that off but was pretty cool.

My first away game was one to forget, KU putting a stompdown on us... First time they had beat us in a bagillion years

My grandfather took me to my first home game when I was three, 1950, and I think we played Hawaii. Not sure. Grandpa never missed a game home or away until the week he died. Going to games with him were the greatest memories I have in m life. It was like Christmas every game, spending time with my favorite person in the world, going to the games he loved more than anything. great childhood memories.

• Fire 1

First game...1991 Kansas in Manhattan a.k.a. Calvin Jones' big day.

First Home game...1993 Missouri Trev Alberts was a beast and Calvin Jones was awesome again!!

I don't even remember my first home game. I know we sat in the second-to-last row in the South Stadium, and we blew away whomever we played. But I have no idea who that opponent was or even what year it was.

haha, sounds like any random game against anyone but OU in the 70s/80s. I was born in 81 so was a little older and my grandpa took me so I remember more. It was awesome.

My grandfather took me to my first home game when I was three, 1950, and I think we played Hawaii. Not sure. Grandpa never missed a game home or away until the week he died. Going to games with him were the greatest memories I have in m life. It was like Christmas every game, spending time with my favorite person in the world, going to the games he loved more than anything. great childhood memories.

We played Hawaii in 1955. In 1950 we played Indiana, Minnesota and Penn State out of conference - which is weird, considering we now share a conference with all three.

First was 1991 Kansas St. I was 8. Saw the Derek Brown airborn td from fence underneath as I had to go the bathroom. Dad was pissed, and we stopped to see the score from the fence happened right in front of us. Then the 3 or 4 pass breakup stand to seal it. Good game.

I remember being at that Colorado game in 92 too. Probably the loudest game I've personally ever been to. I wish our crowd nowadays could get that blood in the water attitude they had back in them days for the Oklahomas and Colorados. It's just not the same.

My first attended game was at home in 1991 against #4 Washington. I was only 4 years old. My dad started me young and I thank him dearly for doing so. He set an example so that's how I will do it when I have kids someday, make sure they grow up bleeing Husker red.

I don't remember anything about the game, but I'm told I was dressed in all red for the game :D My dad says he still remembers walking with me to the stadium. Must've be a great bonding moment for him, too bad I don't remember it.

We painfully lost 21-36 but I couldn't tell you anything about the game. I probably slept well on the drive home seeing how it was a night game.

I got my revenge from the 1991 game though.

When Washington came back to Lincoln in 1998 I wanted to go to that game for pay-back and pay-back was dished out. I remember there was an obnoxious Washington fan sitting behind us, talking loudly and on a cell phone from time to time. I think he left sometime in the 3rd quarter during that 55-07 beat down. :box

The first game I actually remember on TV was probably during the 1993 season, and for sure I remember the National Title game in a loss against Florida State.

The first game I attended that I remember was either in 1994 or 1995, I'd have to go back and ask my dad.

My only "road game" was the 2009 Big XII Championship game where we car-pooled down and met some people down there for the game. Not one word was said the entire drive home.