Your First Husker Game

I can't remember the year but it was Homecoming and we sat in the nosebleed seats. However, I thought it was truly an event! I've been to games since then but I remember this one because I'm Missouri born-bred and I never saw anything like this at MU. I could not believe the loudness level, the sea of red. It was amazing!

One of the most fun games I ever attended was when we played Florida State. We had good friends who went to FSU and had been in the band so they were able to get some great tickets, even though they were near the band section of FSU. We cheered for NU (and often!) and the FSU folks in that section were friendly. It was a great day of football!

Furst game was 2004 at Pitt. We won 24-17 and i was kinda excited about callahan at that point.

Game was memorable due to the flooding that morning, we watched from the upper deck as entire docks with boats still attached float by down the river.

First home game was 2006 vs k-state, we won the big 12 north title that night.

As an Army beat I grew up watching Husker games on TV and hearing my dad tell stories of his game experiences during his college years.

My first live game was the 2010 Colorado game. Last regular season Big 12 game and a win. What an experience.

(null)

Kansas @ Nebraska - 1994. Nebraska won 45-17. I was 11 years old. My mom won the tickets in a halftime raffle at a high school football game a week or two before. She gave the tickets to my grandpa, on the condition he take me to the game. I remember being bummed out Tommie Frazier wasn't playing, but I could see him goofing off on the sidelines. We must of had pretty good seats because in my memory we were pretty close to the Husker sideline. I remember the obnoxious buffoon sitting behind me who offered me a Jolly Rancher candy, then not handing it over until he confirmed I was rooting for the Husker and not the Jayhawks. I was wearing a red sweatshirt about 3 sizes too large, so it was quite obvious who I was there to support. He was probably just an idiot.

The visit to the museum before the game was awesome. The diner we ate at in Lexington on the way was also a fond memory. My grandpa's driving, however? Terrifying.

First game was in Lawrence in 2001. Beat KU 51-7....I was with a bunch of KU fans.

First home game was against Texas Tech in 2005. We lost, but I had a blast tailgating and seeing the stadium for the first time. My heart was racing as I walked up the stairs and finally saw the inside of the stadium. I was smiling ear to ear! :)

My favorite game I've been to probably was also my dad's first game. I got him tickets for the Colorado game in 2008. We got to witness the craziness after Henry's 57 yard field goal.

My first game was Iowa State 1993. I remember them beating us in 1992, but we drubbed them at this game. I was a junior @ Scottsbluff High School, and it was areal treat for me and my father to take a break and go to a Husker game in Lincoln. I was born a Husker fan, but that game turned me from fan to fanatic!

Alabama A&M, not sure on the year. I remember it being about 130 degrees that day, I spent the majority of the game under the south stadium trying to avoid passing out. We crushed them, but it was not the best experience.

UAB 1997. I was 13 and was there. Old folks were dropping like flies. Free water (IIRC). I spent more time watching the stretchers get passed up (at that time the fans would pass a stretcher up to where someone was having problems, it was faster than first aid running it up) than watching the game. It was a sight. I believe it was that game the started the trend of evening non-conference games. it was bad.

Alabama A&M, not sure on the year. I remember it being about 130 degrees that day, I spent the majority of the game under the south stadium trying to avoid passing out. We crushed them, but it was not the best experience.

UAB 1997. I was 13 and was there. Old folks were dropping like flies. Free water (IIRC). I spent more time watching the stretchers get passed up (at that time the fans would pass a stretcher up to where someone was having problems, it was faster than first aid running it up) than watching the game. It was a sight. I believe it was that game the started the trend of evening non-conference games. it was bad.

That sounds right. I was 6.