Your First Husker Game

My first game was when we got killed by UCLA 41-28 in Pasadena. I was really young but I remember the Bruin fans being terrible people. I think Aikman was the QB and we got shredded. First game in Lincoln was the following year against K- State. W won 38-31.

I was at that NU/UCLA game too. You are right, it was Aikman at QB for the bitter, baby, bruins. And you are right, the "fans" were horrible. By the way, the reason I put "fans" in quote marks is because living in LA, the "fans" are "fans" of whoever is wining at the time. That game was back in the day (pretty much the whole 1980s and 1990s) when USC sucked and you couldn't find a USC fan. Everyone was sporting brand-spanking-new UCLA gear. Freakin' obnoxious!

So, living in the Greater Los Angeles area, and growing up very poor, I never got a chance to see a Husker game in person until I was an adult and they came out to So. Cal. So my first game was when the Huskers came out to play UCLA in 1984. The Huskers came in ranked #1 against #8 UCLA. The final score was a BEAT DOWN of UCLA. Final score NU 42, UCLA 3. It was awsome!

Mark Traynowicz at center, Danny Noonan and Jim Skow at DT, Rathman at FB, DuBose at IB, Sundberg at QB, Mike Knox at LB, and one of my favorite all time Huskers - Bret Clark at Safety. It was a great day...unfortunately the Huskers suffered a major upset the next week against unranked Syracuse (payback for the previous year I guess). NU Fell to #8 and were able to climb back to #1 by the last game of the year, only to lose to OU...

Nevertheless, my first experience was a really awesome one....and the UCLA fans had nothing to be obnoxious about...the Huskers really shut them up.

1994 - Nebraska v West Virginia at Giant Stadium, easy drive from my house about 5minutes from where I grew up. painted my face but it all slowly oozed off me because it was 197 degrees. Frazier ran for 3 td's.

1997-first home game.....NU v Kst - pretty much everything I expected including demolishing a highly ranked Kst team

Thought I would start my first posting with my first game, which was with my dad back in 1981 against Florida State, it was the night before the game and my uncle (dads brother) was in the hospital and could not go to the game, so he gave dad his tickets and said to take me to the game, so the next day we went to the game, when we got to the stadium dad was telling me that my uncle (dads other brother) would be working the game, he worked for LT&T at the time and worked the home games on the sidelines fixing the coaches headsets and phones so at halftime dads said let go down and find my uncle which we did, he said to come back near the end of the 4th quarter, so with 5 minutes left of the game we went down and found my uncle again he said walk down to north part of the chain link fence on the home side and he would met us there, he came over and told the guard that was working the gate that we were with him so the the guard let us through out on to the side lines and at the end of the game my uncle introduced me to coach Osborne plus some of the players Turner gill, Mike Rozier and Dave Rimington I never did get to meet irvan Fryar but to a 11 year old at the time just getting to go on the sidelines and standing around with the team was any kids dream, oh what day that was which I will never forget.

• Fire 1