Why your team sucks Top 25 edition

I saw deadspin doing a why your team sucks 2012 for nfl. Well I thought I'd do a little top 25 version of all the college teams, using ESPN's prestigious power rankings. First up #25 Notre Dame.

1. You have been trying to "be back" longer than Nebraska has.They have not win a national championship since 1988, and can anyone even remember who the best player on that team was. No, because all of notre dame's players who make it to the nfl either make it by name recognition (Golden Tate) or pretty boy looks (Brady Quinn). Oh yeah, where is Brady Quinn these days, nobody cares because he can't even start for the Browns. They thought they were back by hiring Charlie Weis the great New England Patriots offensive coordinator. That seemed to work out well. Seriously, Penn State you should have taken notes with your hire. I mean sh#t they thought Brian Kelly out of Cincinnati was a good hire, his face makes Bo's look like an albino snake. The only reason nobody gives him any guff about it is because they play on NBC, the worldwide leader of shutting down tv shows after 2 seasons.

2. Speaking of NBC, does anyone even watch that except for Notre Dame fans? This really has nothing to do with Notre Dame, but thanks to you Notre Dame we have to put up with easily the shittiest local channel, and that is bad considering Fox is horrendous. The only good thing NBC did was Friday Night Lights and the only person who made that show worth a damn was Riggins. Where is Riggins now a days making bad movie after bad movie (John Carter, Savages, Battleship). Thanks Notre Dame fans for Friday Night Lights, not Heroes, Community, or Parks and Recreation though

3. Join a conference or face your doom. I get sick and tired of hearing how hard Notre Dame's schedule is. For one, you make your own schedule which is about as difficult as cooking a steak rare. Everyone would play you, its national television every game, they get paid a buttload, why not? But if you join some conference like the Big Ten, Big East, or ACC your schedule will get much easier, much much easier. Swap USC, Michigan, Michigan State, and Stanford for say North Carolina, Virginia Tech, NC State, and Miami. Much much easier. Of course the Big Ten may be a bit more of a challenge. The big thing is swapping those easier games for much easier games. Notre Dame always seems to drop 2 out of 4 to either navy, south florida, army, or air force. you swap those teams out and ya look at a DII and a couple powder puffs. You'd still make the playoff considering you have the name of Notre Freakin Dame.

4. You can't recruit worth sh#t at all period. Well okay actually you can, but you develop players almost as good as taco bell develops a cantina burrito. Stick to Chipotle.

5. And last but certainly not least, for some reason I find myself switching to channel 6 every Saturday around 2 pm. I don't know how you do it Notre Dame, but I have taken a liking to watching you lose to teams you should beat and beating teams that you should lose to. It's just fun to watch, watching a Notre Dame game is like going to Cedar Point and riding every roller coaster blindfolded. It's fun but eventually, you're probably gonna sh#t yourself. I still hate you though Notre Dame, the only thing good about South Bend was the College Football Hall of Fane and now they moved that to the ATL, so T.I. and company can pretend to care about football like all other sports fans in Atlanta.

• Fire 1

this seems pointless

1. Didn't Joe Montana, arguably the best QB of all time go to Notre Dame? Not sure what you mean by the following :No, because all of notre dame's players who make it to the nfl either make it by name recognition (Golden Tate) or pretty boy looks (Brady Quinn).

2. 2. Speaking of NBC, does anyone even watch that except for Notre Dame fans? : yeah, I've actually been watching NBC everyday the past couple of weeks, last time I checked they're hosting the olympics.

3. You just argued why there's no reason to join a conference, they can schedule any one they want and get into BCS/title game, why would they change that?

4. You once again argue your own point with your reasoning.

5. you would make a greater debater/lawyer, your biased opinions and thoughts clearly aren't apparent in your points ;)....

Can't wait to read what other hatred for the other 23/24 teams you can come up with....

pointless

• Fire 1

this seems pointless

1. Didn't Joe Montana, arguably the best QB of all time go to Notre Dame? Not sure what you mean by the following :No, because all of notre dame's players who make it to the nfl either make it by name recognition (Golden Tate) or pretty boy looks (Brady Quinn).

2. 2. Speaking of NBC, does anyone even watch that except for Notre Dame fans? : yeah, I've actually been watching NBC everyday the past couple of weeks, last time I checked they're hosting the olympics.

3. You just argued why there's no reason to join a conference, they can schedule any one they want and get into BCS/title game, why would they change that?

4. You once again argue your own point with your reasoning.

5. you would make a greater debater/lawyer, your biased opinions and thoughts clearly aren't apparent in your points ;)....

Can't wait to read what other hatred for the other 23/24 teams you can come up with....

pointless

Sadly the list was true.

1. It's been a while since Montana and he doesn't say nice things about us. I'd guess Justin Tuck is our leading NFL face now.

2. True. They'll lose money on the Olympics. Sunday Night Football is the only really good product they put out.

3. Sometimes I wish we would buy a couple of wins each season instead of nightmares like our 2012 schedule.

4. No one knows what's wrong with our player development. Reasons offered are some mix of cold weather, strict academics, and star rating inflation.

5. We have a very good law school.

3. Sometimes I wish we would buy a couple of wins each season instead of nightmares like our 2012 schedule.

A few years back I used to bag on ND because of their weak schedules. Those days are over. Your 2012 sched is brutal. Tough as any in the nation, except maybe some of the SEC teams.

d

1. You always blow the best opportunity imaginable. Last year you would have played for the national title had you gone undefeated. No one was going to let Boise sit there at number three especially when a rematch of a soccer game was going to be on tap. But then you blew it by losing to TCU. Then you lose to Nevada the year before when you could have gone undefeated. Boise will always be remebered for the Fiesta Bowl of 2006. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. Join the Pac 12 already. I don't care what kind of comissioner they have out there, but do everything you can to join the Pac 12, and get someone like Colorado State to join you. The Big East is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Actually ya know what, go independent, that would work too. BYU did it when they knew they were getting screwed, so why not you. Independent would give you a much better chance at a playoff berth than the Big East. They're athletic director obviously is no Johnny Cochran.

3. Schedule your non-conference games as only away games. I don't care if you want a home and home with Nebraska, Alabama, or Florida State. They will not agree to come play in Boise. Seriously, who would?

4. Call the President and tell them to make Idaho a part of California. When I think of the 50 states, I always seem to forget two states. New England (mass) and Idaho.

5. Change your entire persona. Forget the Blue Field, nobody honestly cares except for ESPN, "here we are at the smurf turf, on another Friday night." Change your mascot, change your field, and build a new stadium. No one is going to take you seriously when you don't even have bleachers on the north or south side of the stadium.

Next up: Florida

Nebraska won't play at Boise, but they will play at Wyoming. Interesting.

Really? You don't understand why we went to Laramie? :blink:

I get it, maybe funny would have been a better word than interesting. Embarrassing is also a good word to describe it.

If you think playing a game in Laramie as a bone thrown to our fans in Western Nebraska is "embarrassing" then you really, really don't get why that was done.

I get it, maybe funny would have been a better word than interesting. Embarrassing is also a good word to describe it.

If you think playing a game in Laramie as a bone thrown to our fans in Western Nebraska is "embarrassing" then you really, really don't get why that was done.

I don't get it. I guess I never asked why we scheduled them. I didn't question the SDSU game either. Why?

I don't get it. I guess I never asked why we scheduled them. I didn't question the SDSU game either. Why?

Recruiting I would think, NU would get a minor bounce in the local media of the area. Easy game as well.