T-Mart part of Rare Triple: Three Corona Centennial HS QBs starting in D1

NUance

Rare Triple Possible for Centennial High School

Dallas Jackson, National College Columnist, August 18, 2012, www.rivals.com

<snip>

For what is believed to be the first time, there could be a trio of major conference college football starting quarterbacks all coming from the same high school.

Taylor Martinez is well entrenched at Nebraska; Matt Scott is the clear favorite to win the job at Arizona; and Michael Eubank is competing - and steadily improving his chances - to start at Arizona State.

All three got their start at Centennial.

LINK

We need to get a recruiting pipeline in place to Centennial.

Why would they name a high school after beer?

Not that I mind . . .

Umm...it's Spanish for the word, 'crown'.

Apparently this is needed...

:sarcasm

Actually for my posts it would be much easier for me if there was a "Insert serious here" emoticon, and assume all of my posts to be sarcastic

As for the article, it took a great high school program in combination with the stars aligning to produce three starting FBS QBs: Matt Scott (class) a great QB who worked his way to the top of the depth chart at Arizona. T-Mart (2009 class) transferred to Centennial for one year and took over for Scott. Michael Eubank (2011 class) true frosh in a tight QB battle at ASU after two-year starter Brock Osweiller bailed out following his junior year.

Even though this is a special situation I'm surprised it hasn't happened before in college football. I mean, you see implausible situations happening every single year creating openings for a longshot to start--due to injuries, guys getting kicked offf the team, etc.

That's pretty crazy. Considering that high school QBs that are good enough to go D1 would almost always start at least two years (I would think), that's nearly impossible.

I think Martinez was only there a year.

Yes, he was. That's how it happened to work out in this situation. Just pretty hard to repeat some situation like that with three top notch QBs - that was my point.