King Frazier impressing

Man... If true, we are truly loaded at RB. Screw Aaron Green. I'm starting to see why he wanted to transfer.

If we get some Stickum for Abdullah he's a great change of pace to Rex. And then you'd have Cross, Marrow, Frazier, and Heard chomping at the bit for carries behind those two?

:leghump: :leghump: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

But oh yeah, we've got a Barney Cotton-led offensive line.

:steam :steam :bang :bang :throw :throw

• Fire 2

good to hear. has there been any word about greg mcmullen? i know D line is tough for a freshman to come in and play right away but have no heard much on him to this point in camp.

All 4 frosh DL are big enough and good enough to play this season, there have been rave reviews about all of them. VV is getting a little more pub, and he is expected to be on the 2 deep behind Rome, the others will probably get a redshirt because we have the depth, but the future looks very good for the dline. Wouldnt be surprised to see them all start next to each other at some point in the future

All of you who are raving about the RB position, remember one simple truth. If the O line does not block, it will not matter how many damned stars the RBs have behind their names or how fast they run the 40. Two things are essential to winning football, blocking and tackling. If you can't block and can't tackle, you simply cannot win. End of story.

All of you who are raving about the RB position, remember one simple truth. If the O line does not block, it will not matter how many damned stars the RBs have behind their names or how fast they run the 40. Two things are essential to winning football, blocking and tackling. If you can't block and can't tackle, you simply cannot win. End of story.

Thank you for that. I almost forgot.

Some of you guys act like the line just completely sucks. The simple truth of the matter is that they have been a decent line the last couple of years. I said decent not great, but that is a far cry from the way some portray the O-line. No they are not getting 300+ yards a game rushing like the great lines of NU's past but what were we ranked nationally in rushing last year, something like 12th. Rex didn't gain 1300+ yards all by himself last year and TM didn't run for 800 yards all by himself either. I guess I get a little tired of the perception that the o-line just sucks. When that is far from the case.

When you have dang near the most attempts in the nation, of course your yards will be up there. But Rex at least, had to fight for every damn yard he got. Which isn't anywhere close to how it was when we had great lines. And Taylor got hit alot last year in the pocket in under 3 seconds of the snap. Our O-line was less than stellar last year to put it nicely. The Bulldogs last season was able to move our line around last season fairly easily...

Some of you guys act like the line just completely sucks. The simple truth of the matter is that they have been a decent line the last couple of years. I said decent not great, but that is a far cry from the way some portray the O-line. No they are not getting 300+ yards a game rushing like the great lines of NU's past but what were we ranked nationally in rushing last year, something like 12th. Rex didn't gain 1300+ yards all by himself last year and TM didn't run for 800 yards all by himself either. I guess I get a little tired of the perception that the o-line just sucks. When that is far from the case.

In 2010 Rex was 49 yards from 1000, Taylor was 35 from 1000. If it werent for 230 yards in losses he would have ran for 1195. Helu had 1245. We were 84 yards from having 3 1000 yard rushers. We were 16th in rushing offense in 2011 ....8th in 2010 But hey lets continue to blame cotton for everything. Taylor throws a pick its cottons fault. Abdullah fumbles its cottons fault.

We have been piss poor in stupid penalities and i think thats where most of it comes from.

Agreed! "We have been piss poor in stupid penalities and i think thats where most of it comes from." That is our biggest challenge. Hopefully, Coach can keep some of the emotions in check and the team will follow. Otherwise, imploding and making stupid penalties will cost us many yards in the upcoming games.