King Frazier impressing

All of you who are raving about the RB position, remember one simple truth. If the O line does not block, it will not matter how many damned stars the RBs have behind their names or how fast they run the 40. Two things are essential to winning football, blocking and tackling. If you can't block and can't tackle, you simply cannot win. End of story.

Some of you guys act like the line just completely sucks. The simple truth of the matter is that they have been a decent line the last couple of years. I said decent not great, but that is a far cry from the way some portray the O-line. No they are not getting 300+ yards a game rushing like the great lines of NU's past but what were we ranked nationally in rushing last year, something like 12th. Rex didn't gain 1300+ yards all by himself last year and TM didn't run for 800 yards all by himself either. I guess I get a little tired of the perception that the o-line just sucks. When that is far from the case.

Thank you.

Some people act like our OLine can't do a darn thing at all. Like you said, they aren't at the level of the great O lines we had in the past. But, they are far from being terrible.

When you have dang near the most attempts in the nation, of course your yards will be up there. But Rex at least, had to fight for every damn yard he got. Which isn't anywhere close to how it was when we had great lines. And Taylor got hit alot last year in the pocket in under 3 seconds of the snap. Our O-line was less than stellar last year to put it nicely. The Bulldogs last season was able to move our line around last season fairly easily...

Every single yard? Really??? There weren't any yards that he picked up where the play was well blocked.

If any of the talk of Kimg doing well is coming from R Brown, I'm not buying it. I'm sure the kid is doing well, in practice. Remeber Brown talking about Okafor and Austin the last yr or so?

Those guys didn't see the field at all, really.

Let's be honest: Rex is gonna get 80% of the RB carries, Abdullah will have his scheduled carries to spell, and Cross will burn his shirt for mop up duty and get some non-Con carries; the fullbacks won't carry the rock and everyone else is waiting til 2013-14.

All it takes is one fumble, missed block, a bad practice or two and reliable Rex will be counted on to carry the burden.

Not being a pessimist or anything, I hope I'm wrong. But history has shown us that freshman backs (or freshman in general) just don't get their chance unless they're truly special.

Here's to hoping they are patient, team first guys who give great competition and looks in practice.