SIGNED OT David Knevel

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6617777

This is an article from last year. I removed it from my post in the Quessenberry thread.

He's a former hockey player turned offensive tackle. If things work out for David Knevel he will soon take his gridiron game to the states.

Knevel, 6-feet-8 and 274 pounds, is one of the top high school football players in Canada. He drew loads of attention at last weekend's Under Armour combine in Tampa, Fla. The common theme when talking to people who have watched Knevel is that he has a chance to become a very good offensive tackle prospect.

"There's no question that he's one of the best I have seen all [combine] season," said George Hegamin, offensive line coach for the Under Armour combines. "David is athletic enough to cover up just how raw he is. Right now he has no idea what he's doing. He just gets in front of people with his athleticism. I think this kid has a chance to be a really good one."

Yes we need OT badly. I think we get Q for center and take 2 possibly 3 OT between Knevel, Lacy, Morris, Cochran 2 of these for sure and maybe more of a project for a 3rd towards the end of the cycle, maybe for a 26th recruit if we fill out the 25 easily. I would like to see us take 28 we certainly have the room to.

Yes we need OT badly. I think we get Q for center and take 2 possibly 3 OT between Knevel, Lacy, Morris, Cochran 2 of these for sure and maybe more of a project for a 3rd towards the end of the cycle, maybe for a 26th recruit if we fill out the 25 easily. I would like to see us take 28 we certainly have the room to.

Instead of a project that late in the recruiting process, I'd rather we take a juco kid. Maybe a 3 to play 3 guy.

Instead of a project that late in the recruiting process, I'd rather we take a juco kid. Maybe a 3 to play 3 guy.

If a good OL JUCO player is even available, hard to find those.

Ya me too, kinda overlooked that good call. Im sure the top ones are already spoken for but i havent really looked into it.

• 2 weeks later...