Lance Armstrong ends fight against doping allegations

knapplc

Okay, here's my take (not that anyone asked): There is nobody, and I mean NOBODY, who would rather strip Lance Armstrong of his tour de france titles than de france themselves. They hate that an American came into their country and laid down the smack on such a consistent basis. So if his titles are good enough for de fance, they should be good enough for the douchebags at the USADA!

Okay, here's my take (not that anyone asked): There is nobody, and I mean NOBODY, who would rather strip Lance Armstrong of his tour de france titles than de france themselves. They hate that an American came into their country and laid down the smack on such a consistent basis. So if his titles are good enough for de fance, they should be good enough for the douchebags at the USADA!

MER'CA!

"de France" means "of France."

If you meant to say "the French," you should have said "les Francais."

But what do I know? It's all Greek to me.

Glad somebody said it, I was thinking the same thing.

They had a pretty good discussion about this on CNN, and they brought up the whole he's the most tested athlete in the world point as well as the fact that he had 2 federal investigation that were all dismissed because they found no evidence. Yet the USADA claims they have more proof than a federal investigation could gather, really?

Glad somebody said it, I was thinking the same thing.

They had a pretty good discussion about this on CNN, and they brought up the whole he's the most tested athlete in the world point as well as the fact that he had 2 federal investigation that were all dismissed because they found no evidence. Yet the USADA claims they have more proof than a federal investigation could gather, really?

Are you guys freaking kidding me? I know what the hell de fance means. It was a freaking joke. You know, purposely effing up the language because I don't give enough of a crap about them to get it right. You message board grammar police folks need to get a sense of humor.

Looks like this whole USADA ruling against Lance Armstrong has had a dire affect on his Livestrong organization.

Or... You know.... not.

Livestrong donations skyrocket in wake of Lance Armstrong’s decision to stop fighting charges

Last week, after iconic American cyclist Lance Armstrong said he would no longer fight the charges brought against him by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, many wondered if Livestrong--the foundation for cancer survivors founded by the seven-time Tour de France winner and testicular cancer survivor--would suffer as a result.

It doesn't look like it.

On Friday, Armstrong said that donations to Livestrong were up 25 times over the day before. "Thank you thank you thank you!" he wrote on Twitter.

Doug Ulman, Livestrong's chief executive, told ESPN that the foundation had received $78,000 in unsolicited donations in the 24 hours following the announcement of Armstrong's decision. Compare that to Thursday, when Livestrong received just $3,200.

to be fair, I think you could draw a parallel to the widespread condemnation of Chick-fil-A for their CEO's hateful message, and their company's frequent donations to anti-gay organizations...and the subsequent rocketing show of support.

But Livestrong is a great organization and they deserve it. I think even the USDA wanted to acknowledge the strength and value of Livestrong.