OT/DT Zach Reeves

reeveshul

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I just want to say "sorry" right now for some douche bag fan who doesn't understand football saying something crappy about your kid.

This has to to be fun for you. Wishing you guys the best. One of my friends from High School was on the bubble for a schollie from TO back in the 90s. He was told if this running back turned them down that he'd end up with the scholarship. The running back turned us down and my buddy was pretty excited only to have TO call him the next morning and say they gave it to another player but wanted him to walk on. My buddy was crushed and pissed because he felt lied to. He went to Michigan and walked on instead, blew out a knee and never played a down for them. Months later we found out they had an injury and they needed to used the scholarship to bring in a back up plan for the DBs. I think if TO had told him that he would have still come. He always regretted not going to NU but he was pissed and it was signing day so he made the emotional choice to leave Nebraska. I hope the coaches now are straight forward and if something changes they are up front with you guys. It tough knowing you might have a kid who's good enough to play there but it doesn't gel with the needs on the team.