OT/DT Zach Reeves

reeveshul

I just want to say "sorry" right now for some douche bag fan who doesn't understand football saying something crappy about your kid.

This has to to be fun for you. Wishing you guys the best. One of my friends from High School was on the bubble for a schollie from TO back in the 90s. He was told if this running back turned them down that he'd end up with the scholarship. The running back turned us down and my buddy was pretty excited only to have TO call him the next morning and say they gave it to another player but wanted him to walk on. My buddy was crushed and pissed because he felt lied to. He went to Michigan and walked on instead, blew out a knee and never played a down for them. Months later we found out they had an injury and they needed to used the scholarship to bring in a back up plan for the DBs. I think if TO had told him that he would have still come. He always regretted not going to NU but he was pissed and it was signing day so he made the emotional choice to leave Nebraska. I hope the coaches now are straight forward and if something changes they are up front with you guys. It tough knowing you might have a kid who's good enough to play there but it doesn't gel with the needs on the team.

Who's the DB you're refering to?

I just want to say "sorry" right now for some douche bag fan who doesn't understand football saying something crappy about your kid.

This has to to be fun for you. Wishing you guys the best. One of my friends from High School was on the bubble for a schollie from TO back in the 90s. He was told if this running back turned them down that he'd end up with the scholarship. The running back turned us down and my buddy was pretty excited only to have TO call him the next morning and say they gave it to another player but wanted him to walk on. My buddy was crushed and pissed because he felt lied to. He went to Michigan and walked on instead, blew out a knee and never played a down for them. Months later we found out they had an injury and they needed to used the scholarship to bring in a back up plan for the DBs. I think if TO had told him that he would have still come. He always regretted not going to NU but he was pissed and it was signing day so he made the emotional choice to leave Nebraska. I hope the coaches now are straight forward and if something changes they are up front with you guys. It tough knowing you might have a kid who's good enough to play there but it doesn't gel with the needs on the team.

Who's the DB you're refering to?

I don't remember who it was that was injured and I don't know who it went to.

Thanks da skers, The last year of recruiting has been a blast! The coaching staff at UNL has been straight with him so far, no promises other than a gauranteed spot on the team if he wants it - wont know about a scholly until Jan. Several unofficial visits so far and he will make his official visit in Jan. Too bad about your buddy. Its amazing the decisions that a 17 - 18 year old athelete has to make, especially a kid from a town of 3500 in central Ne who has never played a game on anything but real grass!

To the Mods, I hope you appreciate the impact that this board can have. I have been a member here for over 3 years and have enjoyed tremendously the insight and opinions of most members. When I first posted my sons film link and stats here it was as a proud father whos son had caught the attention of a couple Husker coaches. After that original post my son began hearing from a whole new level of schools. He had been hearing from most of the usual DII & DIII schools but now he was hearing from D1 schools. When we asked where they had seen his film, the answer from several was that they had seen it on HuskerBoard! The fact that other schools are using your board to "spy" on the competition is quite a statement. I never imagined that he would garner other interest and offers from my bragging on HuskerBoard. I truly appreciate the work it takes to keep this site going.

Wow that's amazing! Good for Zach! Huskerboard is a special site. Some of the guys on here who devote their free time to create a very organized and quality product are amazing. I used to visit 3 or 4 sites but now this is the only one I visit and I am here 2 or 3 times a day. Don't post much, but I read just about everything. It wouldn't be so easy to access and enjoy if it wasn't for the hard work of a lot of giving guys on this board. If you guys are reading I add a thanks to reeveshul's. Good luck to your son. I hope we see him in Scarlet and Cream some day but if not I hope he ends up somewhere that is great for him! And thanks for sharing reeveshul!

• Fire 1

Thanks da skers, The last year of recruiting has been a blast! The coaching staff at UNL has been straight with him so far, no promises other than a gauranteed spot on the team if he wants it - wont know about a scholly until Jan. Several unofficial visits so far and he will make his official visit in Jan. Too bad about your buddy. Its amazing the decisions that a 17 - 18 year old athelete has to make, especially a kid from a town of 3500 in central Ne who has never played a game on anything but real grass!

To the Mods, I hope you appreciate the impact that this board can have. I have been a member here for over 3 years and have enjoyed tremendously the insight and opinions of most members. When I first posted my sons film link and stats here it was as a proud father whos son had caught the attention of a couple Husker coaches. After that original post my son began hearing from a whole new level of schools. He had been hearing from most of the usual DII & DIII schools but now he was hearing from D1 schools. When we asked where they had seen his film, the answer from several was that they had seen it on HuskerBoard! The fact that other schools are using your board to "spy" on the competition is quite a statement. I never imagined that he would garner other interest and offers from my bragging on HuskerBoard. I truly appreciate the work it takes to keep this site going.

Wish nothing but the best for you and your son. Thanks for being a member and posting.

I am actually more looking forward to him being on the team then I was Christian LAcouture!!

Oh shush. You know we all just want an inside source on the team the next time someone walks out of practice...

:sarcasm

But really. Truly wishing the best for your son. Would love to see a small-town kid like Zach go far in the Husker program.

Would love to see your son in red. But if it doesnt work out, don't you dare think it's okay to be a stranger.vyou are one of us now!!!

• 2 months later...