Abdullah, Cross, Heard

The Dude

I really, really liked what I saw from these guys. Especially Abdullah. He's going to be legit. My heart skipped a beat when I realized Rex was out of the game, but now it seems like not all is lost if he's not always available.

Cross looked pretty slow, but man he's a load to bring down. Loved how they used him to close out the game. I hope we get to see him in this role even if Rex is healthy.

Thought Heard was supposed to be injured, hmmmm. He looked good. We've got some good backs.

Your thoughts on these guys?

Cross is a beast. Not very fast, but he's a patient runner and he always falls forward to get positive yardage.

Abdullah looks like he has put some size on and doesn't appear to have lost a step. Seems like he's shifting into more of an all-purpose type back as opposed to a speed/change of pace back.

Heard looked pretty good in limited duty.

Our offense is absolutely loaded. So many weapons, it's unreal.

I thought Rex looked even faster if that's possible today. I hope he heals up just fine and the knee isn't a continuing problem this season. I think it would be cool to line up Mike Marrow and Imani Cross and Rex in the backfield at the same time with Rex using those two as primary blockers. I think we'd get the first down if we needed one...lol.

I really like what I saw from Abdullah. There were a couple times I thought the ball might come out but he held on. With good ball security added to the rest of his skills, he really becomes dangerous.

A couple of instances I thought the same thing. I was waiting for a turnover of some sort (int or fumble) but was pleasantly surprised it didn't happen.

Now to find someone else to handle KO and punt return duties. Don't want to see him tired out.

I thought they all played great. Cross is probably a "little slow" as he is getting used to this next level of play. He appeared to be a very patient runner looking for the blocks and hole to open up. That dude is a load. Agree with the above about sing him at the end.

Heard runs hard, hits the edge and goes. Bigger this year IMO.

I hope Rex gets back and in a hurry. Just his experience and leadership are needed. At least I really feel confident we finally have a solid group of back ups.

They all looked good, but I was most impressed with Abdullah getting some decent gainers off checkdowns. Those types of throws and screens are basically an extension of the rushing game, and where I think we could be absolutely lethal with all these weapons.

Marrow is a big boy. That being said, he has a good amount of power, not much in the way of speed though. I like to see him keep his feet moving when he runs into the line though.

Cross, another good size guy, Lots of power, not a shifty guy like the other backs, but i can seem him as a reliable 3rd down back.