Tunnel Walk

np_husker

Let me just say this. Huskervision is not producing the Tunnel walk. The last tunnel walk they made completely from start to finish was in 2006. Snitily Carr, a local ad agency has been creating them for a very long time. In return they get some box seats to the game. The idea for the tunnel walk though is created by Huskervision, and since 2006 I think it has been very stale. I said this ealier, but it's essentially just the same thing every year. "5 Nation titles, 3 Heisman winners, 300-some academic all Americans, etc etc etc" They throw in some flash graphics, cut out some memorable players from the past... it's been the same for a long time now and for some reason they refuse to get creative with it.

I had a long talk with my wife yesterday about it. (She's the one that sparked the idea for the "In The Deed the Glory" vid), and we just talked about a general lack of interest to getting the stadium excited, and a large part of it starts with a lack of effort on the tunnel walk.

I want to get the feeling that the players and coaches are emotional and passionate about the game. Go and shoot something in the stadium with the players, write a script of some sort similar to what we did in 2006, and bring back the emotion and stop with the graphics. I know they can do it because the best tunnel walk of all time was produced completely in house by the Huskervision full timers in 2006.

Your "In the Deed" vid is one of my all time favorites. It's short and sweet but oh so powerful. What I would like to see are maybe some plays of the game from the previous week. Highlight some of the current players and not focus so much on the past. Not saying I want to see past players pushed aside, but highlight some of the newer guys. Roziers run is great; Fraziers Fiesta Bowl run is great; Cory's run...again...great. But it gets old seeing those over and over and over and over. And I think that's what I enjoy about your vid. You focused on current players at the time.

I say we create our own HB "Huskervision" and come up with our own "Tunnel Walk" chuckleshuffle

This could be a horrible idea on my part, but i think it could work to find some parallels between the great plays of the past and great plays from current players and work them together somehow. Show a snippet of, say, Schlesinger on the FB trap against Miami, then flash to another big run play from earlier in the year or a year or two ago. Something like that perhaps. I can go back and watch that go-ahead score in the '95 Orange Bowl time after time and still get the same feeling everytime I watch it, but like you said, we can't totally rely on the past when we're still trying to get back to that level. The great plays from the past would get the old guard fired up, and showing some great plays from the past couple years would both get the newer and/or younger fans fired up and show the opposing fans what this team's capable of.

The 2012 one looks like that one commercial. I cant remember what it's for, but it's basically the same column/pillar type template with stuff inside it.

The 2012 one looks like that one commercial. I cant remember what it's for, but it's basically the same column/pillar type template with stuff inside it.

Northwestern Mutual commercial.

• Fire 1

Let me just say this. Huskervision is not producing the Tunnel walk. The last tunnel walk they made completely from start to finish was in 2006. Snitily Carr, a local ad agency has been creating them for a very long time. In return they get some box seats to the game. The idea for the tunnel walk though is created by Huskervision, and since 2006 I think it has been very stale. I said this ealier, but it's essentially just the same thing every year. "5 Nation titles, 3 Heisman winners, 300-some academic all Americans, etc etc etc" They throw in some flash graphics, cut out some memorable players from the past... it's been the same for a long time now and for some reason they refuse to get creative with it.

I had a long talk with my wife yesterday about it. (She's the one that sparked the idea for the "In The Deed the Glory" vid), and we just talked about a general lack of interest to getting the stadium excited, and a large part of it starts with a lack of effort on the tunnel walk.

I want to get the feeling that the players and coaches are emotional and passionate about the game. Go and shoot something in the stadium with the players, write a script of some sort similar to what we did in 2006, and bring back the emotion and stop with the graphics. I know they can do it because the best tunnel walk of all time was produced completely in house by the Huskervision full timers in 2006.

Your "In the Deed" vid is one of my all time favorites. It's short and sweet but oh so powerful. What I would like to see are maybe some plays of the game from the previous week. Highlight some of the current players and not focus so much on the past. Not saying I want to see past players pushed aside, but highlight some of the newer guys. Roziers run is great; Fraziers Fiesta Bowl run is great; Cory's run...again...great. But it gets old seeing those over and over and over and over. And I think that's what I enjoy about your vid. You focused on current players at the time.

I say we create our own HB "Huskervision" and come up with our own "Tunnel Walk" chuckleshuffle

This could be a horrible idea on my part, but i think it could work to find some parallels between the great plays of the past and great plays from current players and work them together somehow. Show a snippet of, say, Schlesinger on the FB trap against Miami, then flash to another big run play from earlier in the year or a year or two ago. Something like that perhaps. I can go back and watch that go-ahead score in the '95 Orange Bowl time after time and still get the same feeling everytime I watch it, but like you said, we can't totally rely on the past when we're still trying to get back to that level. The great plays from the past would get the old guard fired up, and showing some great plays from the past couple years would both get the newer and/or younger fans fired up and show the opposing fans what this team's capable of.

I like that idea! Maybe show a long run from say Crouch then transition to a long run from Taylor. A great hit by one of the '95 'skers and finish it with a more current strong hit. That would be cool

Northwestern Mutual commercial.

Thanks. A +1 is in order, sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqSe4XyN70M

Not the exact spot from TV, but it's the same idea.

That commercial ranks right up there with that stupid Nicki Minaj/Adidas/Facebook deleted commercial.