Chances Rex plays this weekend

Sounds like he's lobbying to play this week. Bo wants him to rest until Idaho. Told him maybe a few reps against Arky State. Rex will meet with the Docs on Saturday morning to see if he's clear. Sounds like he's working it hard. He said its pretty sore but he wants to play. So officially it's 1-3 weeks.

With this bit of info, I kind of hope they don't even let him suit. I think we have the ability to run and pass all over UCLA without Rex there, so why risk it?... Get the D playing better than last game and we should be able to lay down a big ole butt whoopin' on Saturday.

Every football injury is subjective and dependent on the player. Medical professionals have found, through years of study and practice, that it takes four-to-six weeks, on average, for this kind of injury to be fully healed. You do have to listen to the player, but you also have to listen to people who know what they're talking about.

I just hope Burkhead understands that if he tries to come back before he's really ready, he could drastically damage his team's season. As it stands right now the injury isn't a big deal, but it could become one if he isn't careful. Being on the field isn't always what's best for the team. Properly healing is sometimes more valuable.

IIRC, Brown said rex was the type of player you had to tell to get out of the game. the whole staff and team want a conference championship or more. No way the staff risks Rex in an non con game.

I sure hope he waits. I know being on the field and helping the team win is important to him. Staying healthy is more important though.

Every football injury is subjective and dependent on the player. Medical professionals have found, through years of study and practice, that it takes four-to-six weeks, on average, for this kind of injury to be fully healed. You do have to listen to the player, but you also have to listen to people who know what they're talking about.

I just hope Burkhead understands that if he tries to come back before he's really ready, he could drastically damage his team's season. As it stands right now the injury isn't a big deal, but it could become one if he isn't careful. Being on the field isn't always what's best for the team. Properly healing is sometimes more valuable.

We must remember, Rex isn't average.

Didn't he break a bone in his foot, when he was a freshman or sophmore? Supposedly, he was out for 6 weeks, and IIRC he was out only 4 weeks. This guy is a freak!!

Didn't he break a bone in his foot, when he was a freshman or sophmore? Supposedly, he was out for 6 weeks, and IIRC he was out only 4 weeks. This guy is a freak!!

Yes, he is "Superman" and all that, but even Superman has his weaknesses.

And he was out for six weeks. Got injured in the week after the Missouri game and didn't play again until Kansas State.

All I'm saying there's no feasible way he could be 100% by Saturday. He helps the team more by being healthy, not by risking further injury. Furthermore, the more he does without resting, the longer the injury will nag.

Correct. He was supposed to miss 8-12 weeks for healing for that injury. His body does seem to repair itself faster. His parents also have a lot of say in things. His dad says he's gotten lots of emails from Husker nation wishing Rex a safe and speedy recovery and the family appreciates all the thoughts and prayers and they have daily contact with Rex to see how he feels. They are very cautious and level headed people. They'll help make the objective decision.