*** The Official UCLA Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

Wow. That sucked.

Hat's off to Mora. He had his boys ready. I think I was a little too dismissive of him. Their OC called a great game, too.

I remember after the South Carolina game last year, a lot of people looked at this year's schedule, thought it looked pretty tough, looked at who we were losing from our team and predicted that we might have something like an 8-4 regular season. Let's keep our sh*t together. A couple of our conference games look more winnable than they did earlier in the year.

Someone better check on Akita to make sure he's OK. I'm off to lick my wounds.

agree...big10 looks easier for us to travel in now after this day....

I'm just praying that this is the one bad loss that we suffer annually, and it came without our best player to a team that was much better then any of us realized. If so, at least it came out of conference play this year and not to the likes of Northwestern or (God help us) Minnesotta. If so, we're still alright. It's only a non-con game and let's be honest; we weren't going to the NC anyway. I'm disappointed, for sure, but I'm saving my judgement on this team until the Wisconsin game, when we have Burkhead back and the games really start to matter.

Undeniably and inexcusably we STILL cannot tackle.

Undeniably and inexcusably we got out-coached big-time via adjustments.

AND yes, it was ugly BUT........

Would you rather be in ARKY?

I'm guessing UCLA is much better than we and EVERYBODY else thought...............look at their schedule......could win out at least until November..

With the state of our league, we have as much a shot as anybody to be back in the Rose Bowl in January.

Honestly, I don't UCLA is that good at all. I just think our defense sucks. Michigan State, Michigan, and Ohio State are going to annihilate us.

I guess we'll have to wait and see on UCLA. I thought they exhibited decidedly more raw talent than we have. And for all the ridiculing of Rice, they did manage to shave a few pounds off of Charlie Jayhawk yesterday in Lawrence.