*** The Official UCLA Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

I don't see how anyone can have any idea what this game will be like.

As a UCLA fan, I do not think the game over Rice can be interepreted in any way because the Owls are just awful. I did see one thing last week that I liked a lot: much better playcalling than in the previous regime.

And I am not sure how valid Nebraska's one game is. Is Southern Mississippi good at all? I know that they are better than Rice but who isn't? Is there any guarantee that Taylor Martinez' bad habits won't show up again?

Just too many unknowns to really know enough to make a good prediction...but it is fun.

Honestly I am hoping for a close, competitive game with no serious injuries to either side. Would it surprise me if Nebraska won big? Not really. Would it surprise me if UCLA won big? Yes. Would it suprise me if the game is close. I cannot say. I just have not seen enough from the Bruins against a good team. I will know a lot more about them tonight.

I think that anyone who bets on a game the second week of the college football season is plum out of their mind.

Welcome to the board...

Although, I think you're going to be surprised at our D, which was less than stellar last week. Our D gave up 20 points to a pretty good Southern Miss team, your D gave up 24 to an awful Rice team. thats where the difference is gonna be.

The Bruins have a very young O-line. I think they gave up a couple sacks last week to Rice. RICE. I’d guess our front four gets a good push on these guys. Maybe disrupt Hundley and knock him around a few times before he gets in a groove. If we can’t push these guys around, it sure won’t be pretty once we get into our conf sched. GBR!

I would like to see Hundly knocked out of the game by good clean hits. No permanent injury just hit hard enough so he needs some time on the bench to enjoy some oxygen and maybe a warm milk. Then the NU defense could have the UCLA second string QB for dessert.

Yeah, I'd like to see our guys get a couple good licks on Hundley--just enough to give him that deer-in-the-headlights look when he takes the snap. He's talented. But Hundley is not a seasoned vet used to the speed and hits of FBS ball.

As a UCLA fan, I do not think the game over Rice can be interepreted in any way because the Owls are just awful. I did see one thing last week that I liked a lot: much better playcalling than in the previous regime.

And I am not sure how valid Nebraska's one game is. Is Southern Mississippi good at all? I know that they are better than Rice but who isn't? Is there any guarantee that Taylor Martinez' bad habits won't show up again?

Just too many unknowns to really know enough to make a good prediction...but it is fun.

Honestly I am hoping for a close, competitive game with no serious injuries to either side. Would it surprise me if Nebraska won big? Not really. Would it surprise me if UCLA won big? Yes. Would it suprise me if the game is close. I cannot say. I just have not seen enough from the Bruins against a good team. I will know a lot more about them tonight.

I think that anyone who bets on a game the second week of the college football season is plum out of their mind.

Then call me crazy! I bet Nebraska big today. This might be the pick of the year!

Then call me crazy! I bet Nebraska big today. This might be the pick of the year!

I have a 3-game parlay going...picked Ohio St, Temple and NEB to cover. hehehe

Welcome to the board...

Although, I think you're going to be surprised at our D, which was less than stellar last week. Our D gave up 20 points to a pretty good Southern Miss team, your D gave up 24 to an awful Rice team. thats where the difference is gonna be.

Actually the defense only gave up 13 points. They also scored on a kickoff return. But I know what you're getting at.

You're saying it wrong. It's Call me MAYBE. The crazy part gets thrown in at the beginning (Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy...)

Ha ha! That song was on the radio at my place just now when you posted that. Nice. :lol:

Here is a very bad problem for me. I can't find my wallet! I was headed to the corner store to start getting primed up for the game. I call my wife and she says she has no idea where I put it. I get a call back about 15 minutes later and come to find out my 3 year old son had picked it up and took it with them. They are in WACO right now and will not be home until mid night. ARGHHHHHHH