Arkansas State is #4 in total offense with 575 yards/game

JTrain

Some of that was against Oregon's second team in the fourth quarter, but still impressive. Arkansas State is pretty far removed from the cupcake category at this point. Gus Malzahn already has their offense playing at a high level. They don't have the talent level UCLA does, but it will still be an interesting test and rebound opportunity for the defensive coaches and players.

1 Oklahoma State 659.0

2 UCLA :throwdabones1: 649.5

3 Marshall 580.0

4 Arkansas State 574.5

5 Oregon 568.5

Shootout after shootout, game after game? Games that likely REQUIRE TM to throw for hundreds of yards every week?

This could be a very long season. My greatest hope is that TM can come close to his USM performance, and that our O-line can give him the time to maintain his poise.

Our D-line is not deserving, so far, of the name Blackshirts.

I had been very hopeful for NEXT year, and still think any great accomplishments this year are a bonus. But we need some serious improvements between now and 2013, or we will be outgunned again. It is fortunate for us the B1G is down as a whole, or we'd be slaughtered.

Gundy leads the nation? I guess they play as well on D as we do. Hard to believe the Cowboys put up close to 700 yards and still got beat by 3 TD's.

This is a new world, as far as I can see. An unfamiliar landscape, and as a Husker I feel like a man lost in the wilderness without a map or a compass.

Shootout after shootout, game after game? Games that likely REQUIRE TM to throw for hundreds of yards every week?

This could be a very long season. My greatest hope is that TM can come close to his USM performance, and that our O-line can give him the time to maintain his poise.

Our D-line is not deserving, so far, of the name Blackshirts.

I had been very hopeful for NEXT year, and still think any great accomplishments this year are a bonus. But we need some serious improvements between now and 2013, or we will be outgunned again. It is fortunate for us the B1G is down as a whole, or we'd be slaughtered.

We have the offensive weapons to play with anyone in the country. Our problem is a stubborn OC who goes into pocket pass mode when we get punched in the throat.

@flood....no kidding...the Big 10 is down. Good for us. I honestly think we match up better against those teams than the Big 12. I would gladly take a Leveon Bell. What scares me is Michigan. I toss and turn with that one.

Braxton Miller at tOSU is going to have a career day when we travel to Columbus if we don't get things turned around. I'm not sure which is scarier for us to face, Michigan or Ohio State.