Is Bo Pelini's seat hot?

Excel

Bo Pelini hot seat?  

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There seems to be a lot of discontent with Bo around here lately, the most common complaints I see:

- The same issues seem to linger from year to year without being adequately addressed.

- He's never really broken through while other coaches have with less.

So is Coach Pelini in any danger of losing his job? Are Nebraska fans growing impatient and if so is that making his proverbial seat any warmer?

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere, never saw the topic consolidated in one thread.

PS: To preempt the "eff you, Wisconsin sucks worse" responses;

1. Yes, Wisconsin does suck.

2. Brett Bielema is already dead to me.

iStock_000001596704Small.jpg

I don't think he's on the hot seat. In fact, I think it's between pleasant and warm..just because I know that Tom Osborne would give him at least a few more seasons if we continue the shotty and inconsistent play, especially on the defensive side of the ball. If we have a 07ish season, Pelini will quickly see some fan base backlash.

I voted pleasant! Who would of ever thought we could have a Real offense under Pelini, but have a defense that gives up 600 plus yards in a game. Maybe pelini just needs to become Defensive coordinator and head coach. Would that make him want a raise from his 3.5 mill a year or what ever he is making? Did not Tom do the double thing?

I consider 9 wins to be the standard. Osborne maintained that standard during his entire tenure and it's the standard I hold other coaches to. If he finishes w/ under 9 this year, I'd say his seat will be warm. Another sub 9-win season next year... buh-bye.

Yes, it's warm right now because of that defensive performance and because Nebraska fans don't have alot of patience. He better hope the changes he's going to make, if any, next Saturday work. I just think he needs some experienced coordinators and he'd be fine.

Patience with not winning? What is this patience that you speak of?

Yes, it's warm right now because of that defensive performance and because Nebraska fans don't have alot of patience. He better hope the changes he's going to make, if any, next Saturday work. I just think he needs some experienced coordinators and he'd be fine.

Patience with not winning? What is this patience that you speak of?

We expect a conference championship and to compete for a national title basically every year. We have unrealistic expectations sometimes, but we don't really care. That's what I mean...............