Chase Rome quits?

Why after a loss does it seem Husker nation goes into a tailspin? Actually we may get to see Valentine sooner than later and maybe the defensive line may get better eventually. It has been pretty poor since Suh graduated and Crick being hurt. Look for the positives or dwell on the negatives. Your choice.

Nah dude...scores aren't what I'm talking about...I'm talking yardage. Had they not downed the ball at the end of the game, it would have been the worse game for yards allowed since some crazy game in the 1950's where someone put up 700 on us or something.

His point is you called it the worst "loss" since the 1950s - it might have been the most yards given up, but when you consider all other factors, there are several other games that are far and away worse losses. Giving up a lot of yards contributes very little to my thought process about how a game went.

We gave up fewer yards to Wisconsin last year, but they dropped 45 on us and we only scored 17. That is a significantly worse loss, would you not agree?

I'd gladly give up more yards if it meant fewer points, in comparison to giving up fewer yards but a ton of points.

• Fire 1

Nah dude...scores aren't what I'm talking about...I'm talking yardage. Had they not downed the ball at the end of the game, it would have been the worse game for yards allowed since some crazy game in the 1950's where someone put up 700 on us or something.

His point is you called it the worst "loss" since the 1950s - it might have been the most yards given up, but when you consider all other factors, there are several other games that are far and away worse losses. Giving up a lot of yards contributes very little to my thought process about how a game went.

We gave up fewer yards to Wisconsin last year, but they dropped 45 on us and we only scored 17. That is a significantly worse loss, would you not agree?

I'd gladly give up more yards if it meant fewer points, in comparison to giving up fewer yards but a ton of points.

I agree with you... the Wisconsin and Michigan losses last year --- and maybe even the Northwestern loss were all worse --- they were in conference and the implications were bigger.

I also agree with those who think the UCLA loss was bad too --- in that it was yet another testimony to an unprepared and out-hustled team and once again we were out coached. That is bad. But in conference loses are worse --- especially from a standings perspective.

In the standings sense, the UCLA loss is not overly meaningful --- the conference losses will be... but there are no real implications towards anything for the UCLA loss. We are still undefeated in conference this year. Now... the embarrassment from the loss and its toll on team morale and confidence may have implications later when we are in conference. But that remains to be seen.

to me, the UCLA loss was rough because I worry that it was an indication of what may be to come. The Wisconsin loss was a few poorly called plays that led it to get out of hand. Mighigan was a badly time fumble. Northwestern as well. SC was a hail mary. It seems that we were just a few plays away from having a decent season regardless how bad the point spreads were and the implication of the losses.

however UCLA...was a beat down in a number of facets of the game, from coaching, to execution, to heart, to yada yada yada. We're seeing players leaving and things occurring outside of the game itself. It's scary. It's much bigger than some of our past losses.

Word on the street is that Pelini continually criticized Rome in the film room, a heated argument broke out, and Pelini in some form or another asked Rome if he wanted to fight him. Since the only thing Rome has successfully made contact with is a stationary paper towel dispensary, I like Pelini's chances.

If that is true, then Bo must be feeling some pressure! Would love to have been a fly on the wall for that exchange! I wonder what the context of that conversation was. Do you wanna fight me! As in did Chase rome say " I should kick you ass!" Bo reply was " You wanna fight me!" Then Bo response was fine. If it was another way and Bo just got pissed of and said that then he is losing control. We will never know. Unless there is another player that is un happy and caught the thing on video/lol.

You know now that I look at this page sober I am laughing even more after going back through it. Did you hear? Chase Rome quit!

You put out your Weekend picks yet Akita?

NOT yet Jarvis. When I put my son down for his nap today I am going to study the games.

I'm going to PM you about my picks Akita. See what ya think if ya don't mind.

The loss at UCLA was the worst loss since the 1950's

wut

It was the most yards allowed since the 1950 's (quoting someone else). I haven't looked it up...but if they hadn't downed the ball, they would have put the most yards on a Nebraska team ever. That to me is the worst loss ever...regardless of points on the board.

I'm sorry but are you 5 years old? Did you not witness the Uncontrollable eye blinking Losses that was Bill Callahan??

The yardage thing doesn't matter to me! Texas tech scored a bajillion points and could have kept going cause we weren't stopping them!

Word on the street is that Pelini continually criticized Rome in the film room, a heated argument broke out, and Pelini in some form or another asked Rome if he wanted to fight him. Since the only thing Rome has successfully made contact with is a stationary paper towel dispensary, I like Pelini's chances.

If that is true, then Bo must be feeling some pressure! Would love to have been a fly on the wall for that exchange! I wonder what the context of that conversation was. Do you wanna fight me! As in did Chase rome say " I should kick you ass!" Bo reply was " You wanna fight me!" Then Bo response was fine. If it was another way and Bo just got pissed of and said that then he is losing control. We will never know. Unless there is another player that is un happy and caught the thing on video/lol.

I heard something along these lines as well from what I call a credible source....however, I don't know who stated, "You wanna fight me?" Sadly....Still, it must have gotten fairly heated.