Chase Rome quits?

"He got through some issues and he's ready to come back. He's been practicing all week." -Bo on Rome

Brian Christopherson's Twiiter:

https://twitter.com/HuskerExtraBC

And ESPN reported yesterday or today that Rome had transferred to Florida. Turns out he's been practicing all week in Lincoln! Says a lot for ESPN doesn't it! LOL

That was Tyler Moore....

I changed it. I got Mary Tyler confused! LOL

The key for me is that he manned up and walked back in. I am sure he took some lumps from the staff. Quitting and returning is different than leaving and going to another team. Not a lot, but different. Give him his chance and if he buys in and tows the line great for him. But if not so be it. Quitting is a form learned. Crouch did it everywhere he went. He played his guts out for Nebraska after his little te to te. But he established that he could and would take the easier road. Hopefully Moore does not turn out like that. He finishes what he starts in all phases of his life.

Well a little good news, after losing Zaire. I thought Rome was going to be a stud this year, after the way he finished last season. I think he can still get to that level. Hope his heads on straight, and he is ready to do what ever it takes. We really do need help on the d-line, and he has shown he can do some damage there.Good luck to him on the rest of his time here.

GBR!!!

The key for me is that he manned up and walked back in. I am sure he took some lumps from the staff. Quitting and returning is different than leaving and going to another team. Not a lot, but different. Give him his chance and if he buys in and tows the line great for him. But if not so be it. Quitting is a form learned. Crouch did it everywhere he went. He played his guts out for Nebraska after his little te to te. But he established that he could and would take the easier road. Hopefully Moore does not turn out like that. He finishes what he starts in all phases of his life.

Exactly. I had thrown him under the bus. No joke about it. Doesnt mean I cant pull him back out again. He was man enough to come back and notate his mistake.

Good for him.

I do however hope there is some say by the unity council or players that there is some sort of internal punishment (maybe too harsh a word, but you know what I mean) for pulling this stuff to begin with. I dont want to see him just show back up and play right away just cuz we need the depth at the position. He still needs to be held accountable for what he did to begin with.

I do however hope there is some say by the unity council or players that there is some sort of internal punishment (maybe too harsh a word, but you know what I mean) for pulling this stuff to begin with. I dont want to see him just show back up and play right away just cuz we need the depth at the position. He still needs to be held accountable for what he did to begin with.

I see what you did there.