Chase Rome quits?

The loss at UCLA was the worst loss since the 1950's

wut

It was the most yards allowed since the 1950 's (quoting someone else). I haven't looked it up...but if they hadn't downed the ball, they would have put the most yards on a Nebraska team ever. That to me is the worst loss ever...regardless of points on the board.

I'm sorry but are you 5 years old? Did you not witness the Uncontrollable eye blinking Losses that was Bill Callahan??

Nah dude...scores aren't what I'm talking about...I'm talking yardage. Had they not downed the ball at the end of the game, it would have been the worse game for yards allowed since some crazy game in the 1950's where someone put up 700 on us or something.

I want what ever you're smoking...

So let me get this straight. A 70-10 loss is not as bad as a 36-30 loss because of yardage? Somebody may have bumped their head...

If you are not embarassed about the loss, then how do you claim to be a Nebraska fan.

Because I didn't do anything to cause myself embarassment. You see, there is the Nebraska team...and there is me. We both wanted to see UCLA lose, but that's the extent of how far the we takes us. I didn't miss a tackle, I didn't miss a read, I was never out of position, I didn't get run over by a ball carrier, I never fumbled, never had a penalty called on me, didn't miss a single kick or muff a punt, or did anything bad as far as that game.

Let's put it his way: What could you have done differently that would have saved yourself embarassment?

Husker football is the only thing we really have, as citizens of Nebraska, that represents our state on a national level (other than beef). The success of this football program gives people a sense of pride about their state. This was far from the worst loss of the program, but when we lose like that on national television, it's embarrassing. This is a Husker football state, and when the product that's put on the field looks like that, it reflects the state whether you like it or not.

So no, I did not miss a tackle or throw an interception, but when I only have one true sports team to root for (and all my in-laws are from Wisconsin) I am embarrassed when that is the result.

OrderKindOfAlmostRestored,

You're way too close to the trees. Nebraska is a LOT more than football. I have lived in Florida for over ten years, and I can tell you the perception of Nebraska as a football team is only in your head. Sorry to break this news to you. I have many Husker friends here, tons. Huskers are everywhere I go, in Florida and across the nation.

But no one, aside from CFB fans, thinks ill or well of Nebraska based on our football team. I can see you view the team as ambassadors of all that is good in Nebraska, but outside of Nebraska, and perhaps that region, no one else thinks like that.

The biggest news I have seen about Nebraska in the last year or two has nothing to do with football. There is worldwide concern that our crops are being devastated by drought. Those crops feed a large percentage of the world, and that is what the world is concerned about.

When you have children who might die because Nebraska's grain crops wither from heat or thirst, football is very much a secondary concern.

I, too, take pride in the Huskers. They are my team and I have been following Husker football since I was a young guy in the 70's. I do not mean to be harsh, and apologize if I am unduly so, but there is so much more to Nebraska than football.

And the rest of the world recognizes this as well.

2,000 :w00t:w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t

Weak.

Because I can not give you a -1 I promise that on the next post of yours that I would have given you a +1 I will not.

It was suggested the I post ponies for my 2000th (next), but since that aint happening, are you gonna be this hard on me too?

No, well at least I don't think so. He's set the bar incredibly low for 2000, just about anything would be better though Ponies would be my recommendation. If not ponies perhaps a new picture of Bo with a cat, a picture of HuskerJen or anything critical of Decked in Black.

OrderKindOfAlmostRestored,

You're way too close to the trees. Nebraska is a LOT more than football. I have lived in Florida for over ten years, and I can tell you the perception of Nebraska as a football team is only in your head. Sorry to break this news to you. I have many Husker friends here, tons. Huskers are everywhere I go, in Florida and across the nation.

But no one, aside from CFB fans, thinks ill or well of Nebraska based on our football team. I can see you view the team as

ambassadors of all that is good in Nebraska, but outside of Nebraska, and perhaps that region, no one else thinks like that.

The biggest news I have seen about Nebraska in the last year or two has nothing to do with football. There is worldwide concern that our crops are being devastated by drought. Those crops feed a large percentage of the world, and that is what the world is concerned about.

When you have children who might die because Nebraska's grain crops wither from heat or thirst, football is very much a secondary concern.

I, too, take pride in the Huskers. They are my team and I have been following Husker football since I was a young guy in the 70's. I do not mean to be harsh, and apologize if I am unduly so, but there is so much more to Nebraska than football.

And the rest of the world recognizes this as well.

Someone wants a farm bill passed AMIRIGHT?