Cam Meredith: does he keep his starting position?

I think Cameron has talent. We've seen when he was a super young player. But at some point last year, he seemed to just become very disinterested, which to me has obviously affected his performance. He just doesnt seem to have that fire. I think we're gonna start seeing full time Martin, Ankrah, and Carter.

I wonder if Suh's presence on the line is what allowed him to be a great player.

I dont think so. Cameron did see playing time in '09 but I was referring more to 2010. He seemed to play more with a fire in his belly that year. I remember he had a very impressive first game last year, but at some point it went awry. I speculate that maybe it's that he's bored with the scheme maybe. Who knows, but there are issues, and there has been for some time.

I also use this reason into what I feel are issues with Steinkuhler as well. I just dont see anything from these two-and havent for a while-that would suggest theyre fully engaged emotionally. It seems at times theyre just going through the motions.

I didn't pay that close of attention to Cam, but I'm not really all that thrilled with him or Steinkuhler. Two very underwhelming players, and Ankrah has been too for much of this season.

I've been saying it forever, Baker is the most overrated player on our D, he got Five stars because of that last name

I didn't follow his recruiting that closely, but if I'm not mistaken, he was an offensive line recruit, no? I've seen posters on here say they think he probably should have stayed on that side of the ball. But, I can't really attest to that.

I didn't pay that close of attention to Cam, but I'm not really all that thrilled with him or Steinkuhler. Two very underwhelming players, and Ankrah has been too for much of this season.

I've been saying it forever, Baker is the most overrated player on our D, he got Five stars because of that last name

No, he got five stars due to him being a load of an OT.

• Fire 1

I didn't follow his recruiting that closely, but if I'm not mistaken, he was an offensive line recruit, no? I've seen posters on here say they think he probably should have stayed on that side of the ball. But, I can't really attest to that.

Spot on. All conference DT, All American OT.

WHAT?...... Ankrah is one of the most improved players on the team, is strong, athletic, and built like a brick shithouse.

IMO, Ankrah is the best DE, with Martin being the best pass rushing DE.

Spot on. All conference DT, All American OT.

Thanks!

So, yeah, I think it goes without saying Steinkuhler probably would have been a better offensive linemen. He's been starting on the defensive side of the ball since Suh left, IIRC. As we can all see, though, we're pretty thin at DT right now, so I completely understand the move. It just hasn't panned out as everyone would have hoped, I'm sure.

But, who knows what will happen. He could still make an NFL team and maybe transition back over to the offensive side of the ball. I don't know how likely/plausible that is, though. Just spitballing.

WHAT?...... Ankrah is one of the most improved players on the team, is strong, athletic, and built like a brick shithouse.

:blink:

Prior to today's game, Ankrah had eight tackles and two TFL's., which isn't terrible, but that's not what I said. I said he was underwhelming, I didn't say he was bad, but I have my reasoning. Given how often his athletic ability and physical prowess is talked about, and how much experience he has, I believe he should be performing at a much higher level than he is.

I've also paid very close attention to his play the last two games (not so much today's game) - in terms of production, Meredith has five more tackles and one fewer TFL, and Meredith takes a lot more heat than Ankrah.

:blink:

Prior to today's game, Ankrah had eight tackles and two TFL's., which isn't terrible, but that's not what I said. I said he was underwhelming, I didn't say he was bad, but I have my reasoning. Given how often his athletic ability and physical prowess is talked about, and how much experience he has, I believe he should be performing at a much higher level than he is.

I've also paid very close attention to his play the last two games (not so much today's game) - in terms of production, Meredith has five more tackles and one fewer TFL, and Meredith takes a lot more heat than Ankrah.

I really don't look at stats to back up things like I'm saying in regards to Ankrah. There's more that goes into playing D Line than making tackles. I've seen Meredith get absolutely schooled this year, much like I saw today. I haven't seen that happen to Ankrah at all. He plays with good technique and doesn't get shoved around.

I really don't look at stats to back up things like I'm saying in regards to Ankrah. There's more that goes into playing D Line than making tackles. I've seen Meredith get absolutely schooled this year, much like I saw today. I haven't seen that happen to Ankrah at all. He plays with good technique and doesn't get shoved around.

I see it happen to Ankrah - he's not devoid of the patty-cake claim I've been laying on our defensive line this year.

Like I said, he's not bad, he's just underwhelming. He has every reason in the world to be better than he is.