What we learned..............

Abdullah is going to be a stud for years to come.

As bad as the D was last week it can get better. It isn't stuck there.There is some talent that was on the bench that is going to make us better on the field.

Eric Martin should be starting and getting most of the reps.

We are capable of playing against an uptempo offense.

The coaches will, when pushed, experiment, make changes and are trying to come up with real fixes. One of the first half sacks our Dline was 4 DE's (Meredith, Martin, Carter and Ankrah)

Zaire Anderson will be out WILL from here on out.

Chase who?

1) Defense could be appearing to buy into JPs lashing out and intensity. Faster players in that scheme worked well.

2) PJ Smith had himself a ball game.

3) Offensive line play wasn't the greatest, but it's not like they weren't good. Taylor had plenty of times to throw, and every D Line is going get pressure at some point in a game. Some of the running plays were pretty slow developing, but there were holes there more so than not. It's not our strongest point, but it has improved from last year to this year.

4) Fundamentally, the tackling was night and day from UCLA. Gives me hope that they can continue that trend.

5) RB depth is crazy. CRAZY.

I learned that this could really be a fun group to watch grow and get better. Along with that we have to expect some problems but today was a very nice step forward. Safeties look great. Compton has concrete shoes (LOL) and nothing was said today on ESPN about Rome quitting. In fact didn't even miss him! Abdullah is exciting, TMart keeps backing up his hard work, Bell and Enudwah are the best in the BIG, and when we didn't have Bo on the sidelines Barney didn't jump in and take over (another LOL). GBR

Cross is even more of a beast in close quarters. But lacks the breakaway speed to take to the zone. :lol:

I'm one of Cross' biggest supporters. Dumbfounded why he got ZERO touches v. UCLA. It was funny to see that big man in open field! LOL

I like how he tried the okie-doke in the open field (the move Braxton Miller had a couple weeks ago). That is for FAST guys man! He is going to be a good back for us though....

I learned that this could really be a fun group to watch grow and get better. Along with that we have to expect some problems but today was a very nice step forward. Safeties look great. Compton has concrete shoes (LOL) and nothing was said today on ESPN about Rome quitting. In fact didn't even miss him! Abdullah is exciting, TMart keeps backing up his hard work, Bell and Enudwah are the best in the BIG, and when we didn't have Bo on the sidelines Barney didn't jump in and take over (another LOL). GBR

You butchered that :wasted :wasted :moreinteresting :moreinteresting :power

1 Cross and Enunwa are beasts.

2 Abdullah is a better back than nearly anyone else in the B1G.

3 Martin needs ti be in the field more. Absolute playmaker.

4 While the defense played better, there is still a lot of room to improve. There were a lot of dropped passes by ASU. But definitely a better performance than the first two games.

5 Taylor can be the best QB in the B1G if he can stop the brain farts that he tends to have a few times a game the O-line can keep him from getting killed in the second half.

Otherwise, I agree with what you said.

Cross is even more of a beast in close quarters. But lacks the breakaway speed to take to the zone. :lol:

I'm one of Cross' biggest supporters. Dumbfounded why he got ZERO touches v. UCLA. It was funny to see that big man in open field! LOL

I like how he tried the okie-doke in the open field (the move Braxton Miller had a couple weeks ago). That is for FAST guys man! He is going to be a good back for us though....

I could watch him shove defenders away like rag dolls every day of the week and twice on Tuesday. That was fun.

I learned:

Our guys are capable of actually taking proper pursuit angles and swarming the ball carrier.

Playing with a ton of speed on the field an intensity is going to be the recipe for beating Michigan and tOSU.

Our OL is very good at hitting their assignments. We seem to be the best when we pull Choi or Long.

What I knew:

Bo Pelini can come up with a scheme to beat an SEC offensive system. What we will have to do in conference is be able to stop traditional power I running.

We learned that Alonzo Whaley is no longer needed at the LB position. I hope for the best for Whaley, but Zaire Andersen looks the part, and has the needed speed....

I agree that Z looked good out there but doesn't he look gimpy? Also noticed a knee brace. Not sure if he got knicked up during the fall or what. Kinda scary how could he could be if at 100%