What we learned..............

8) Solid bounce back game but nothing major showing me why we should beat the big dogs of the Big 10.

What have the "big dogs" shown that has you convinced we shouldn't beat them?

Michigan and Ohio State have the running QBs, but other than that they pretty much suck.

Michigan State has a one man offense and an overrated defense we mushed into the ground last year. There's really nothing about them that worry me.

I have to agree, both Wiscy and Mich. St. are getting beat as we speak. Michigan and Ohio St. both rest entirely on one person (offensively), and both of their defenses aren't great either. Our offense seems to be the most talented and dynamique of any in the Big. As I watch the other teams in the Big, I really like our chances to possibly take it this year.

We are not closing down plays on defense that we need to in order to beat teams of a higher caliber. There are still too many easy yards other teams are just taking from us. We need to close down the screen...I mean hit it for a loss and not a 5 yard gain to the likes of Ark. St. I still saw too many times where our first tackler couldn't lock the play down. Sure this may not bite you with Ark. St. but it will with better teams (see UCLA just last week). And we are still not bringing enough pressure (needed to beat D-Rob and Michigan). Our D-Line is not exactly making highlight reel run-stuffs (needed to beat Bell and MSU). And UCLA's Hundley is a poor man's Braxton Miller (and if we play like we did against Hundley, the OSU game will be very ugly). So, the defense did some nice things today but are you really telling me that in just one week it has improved so much that we are going to run the Big 10? I don't agree...nor do I think Bo or the team would either. Improvement is a good step but I want to see much, much more.

That's the thing for me. I'm not so sure any of those teams are as good as UCLA. I'll take UCLA's RB and offensive line over any of those teams. Even Michigan State. Not to mention defense. Michigan State's D is probably comparable, but that doesn't worry me since UCLA's offense is much better than Michigan State's.

8) Solid bounce back game but nothing major showing me why we should beat the big dogs of the Big 10.

What have the "big dogs" shown that has you convinced we shouldn't beat them?

Michigan and Ohio State have the running QBs, but other than that they pretty much suck.

Michigan State has a one man offense and an overrated defense we mushed into the ground last year. There's really nothing about them that worry me.

I have to agree, both Wiscy and Mich. St. are getting beat as we speak. Michigan and Ohio St. both rest entirely on one person (offensively), and both of their defenses aren't great either. Our offense seems to be the most talented and dynamique of any in the Big. As I watch the other teams in the Big, I really like our chances to possibly take it this year.

We are not closing down plays on defense that we need to in order to beat teams of a higher caliber. There are still too many easy yards other teams are just taking from us. We need to close down the screen...I mean hit it for a loss and not a 5 yard gain to the likes of Ark. St. I still saw too many times where our first tackler couldn't lock the play down. Sure this may not bite you with Ark. St. but it will with better teams (see UCLA just last week). And we are still not bringing enough pressure (needed to beat D-Rob and Michigan). Our D-Line is not exactly making highlight reel run-stuffs (needed to beat Bell and MSU). And UCLA's Hundley is a poor man's Braxton Miller (and if we play like we did against Hundley, the OSU game will be very ugly). So, the defense did some nice things today but are you really telling me that in just one week it has improved so much that we are going to run the Big 10? I don't agree...nor do I think Bo or the team would either. Improvement is a good step but I want to see much, much more.

I guess I am just not convinced that the rest of the Big is of "much higher caliber." The fact that the Big is looking weaker and weaker every day bodes well for our chances. Now, if we are talking about us vs the SEC or other teams in the top ten, then I would agree with you.

That's the thing for me. I'm not so sure any of those teams are as good as UCLA. I'll take UCLA's RB and offensive line over any of those teams. Even Michigan State. Not to mention defense. Michigan State's D is probably comparable, but that doesn't worry me since UCLA's offense is much better than Michigan State's.

Agree here. People keep calling UCLA mediocre but it's way too early to tell.

Our offensive line is a more solid unit than we thought going into the season. Their play is consistent, and they're starting to shed the brain-dead penalties and mistakes.

Little by little, Taylor slowly gets better every game. His decision making is the most important part of his improvement.

Zaire Anderson reminded me of a junior Lavonte out there today. Didn't always know where he needed to be, but he flew to the ball to make plays. Beast.

Yeah we looked better because our athletes were better. UCLA's speed really made it tough to get solid tackles. But I loved watching Anderson catch the qb trying to make it to the first down marker. Also loved watching Stafford headhunt. Needed one of those since Asante left. And continue unleashing Martin off the edge please.

Offensively...Ameer is night and day from last season. Guy bulked up and can actually break tackles. And Enunwa is still a beast.

1. Tyler Martinez ,Raheem Abdullah, and James Ankrah, are some bad ass new players we picked up.

2.Coach Papoopis had too many 5hr energies before the game.

3. Arky State = Not so good.

4.Good football players don't always make good announcers

5.Silly girl, football is for boys!

6.We have great RBs, WRs, a very good QB, and a solid O-Line

7.Secondary is strong,good to see some young aggressive guys get playing time on D.

8. Were gonna whoop some tater head butt next week.

• Fire 1

3 Martin needs ti be in the field more. Absolute playmaker.

Yeah. Did you notice that Arky St's offense wasn't as explosive after E-Mart laid the wood to their QB? I think Aplin played the rest of the game looking over his should for that beast that attacked him. :lol:

That hit reminded me of when he put Dan Persa out of the game last year against Northwestern. I'm just glad Arkansas State didn't have a Cain Coulter to replace him.

I learned that it does not take much to turn things around in Nebraska fans eyes.

Improvement, yes, but against a lessor talent this week. How much improvement is hard to measure.

Learned that the team is a team, which I had had my doubts earlier. That brings hope.

Learned that the staff could stand on their feet, with out their leader. Good work.

I learned that the Big is not as good as we thought going into the season. Way more winable than I thought. All seem to be down from last year. Are we good enough to win the whole thing, not sure we can nor now am I sure we will not. I liked learning that.

We have a tremendous back field, one of the best in the country it appears. A little more time with the Oline, they could be deadly just about against anyone I think.

I learned we have a head coach that is little over the top, works too hard, stays too late and bases his life around Nebraska Football. I think we are asking too much of him. Slow down some Bo, this program needs you.

I learned I am more impressed with his hires than I was last week. That is a big step for me, as I have been against them since day one.

I learned that I still love this board, and the people on it. Some are so full of sunshine and positive thoughts you can not help like being around it. Thanks Kanpplc for not doing what I asked.

I realized i no longer cringe everytime TM drops back to pass, nor does my blood pressure skyrocket because of the impending interception.

We still have a chance in the big 10 race

The big ten, as a whole, sucks this year. NW is our best rep at this point......

The youth on d may be just what we needed

Martin shouldnt see the bench until we are up by at least 21

Abdullah/heard/rex=best backfield in the big, if not the country (still want heard on the field more)