What we learned..............

I learned:

-You can always count on Lincoln to be Lincoln. It took all of two hours before I heard the "I saw Bo drinking his ass off at Marz last night" bs.

-When you sit in North Stadium, best bring a hat. Otherwise taking a blowtorch to your head might hurt less than the ensuing sunburn.

-I've quoted Powder in the game threads before the So. Miss game and the Ark. state game. I forgot before the UCLA game. My bad guys.

-Nebraska will miss Rex next year, because he's a nice guy, probably. Abdullah, Heard and Cross are really, really good.

-Kenny Bell is a slam dunk first team All-B1G

-Taylor won't be, but he should be.

-Too many of The Greatest Fans in College Football still leave too early.

-Hey students? Make it to the game on time, and we'll talk about moving your seats back. Lame.

-And as early as next year, NU is going have itself one Hell of an athletic center conglomeration. The new East Stadium is going to look great, and the Haymarket arena is going to be awesome.

I learned that it does not take much to turn things around in Nebraska fans eyes.

Improvement, yes, but against a lessor talent this week. How much improvement is hard to measure.

Learned that the team is a team, which I had had my doubts earlier. That brings hope.

Learned that the staff could stand on their feet, with out their leader. Good work.

I learned that the Big is not as good as we thought going into the season. Way more winable than I thought. All seem to be down from last year. Are we good enough to win the whole thing, not sure we can nor now am I sure we will not. I liked learning that.

We have a tremendous back field, one of the best in the country it appears. A little more time with the Oline, they could be deadly just about against anyone I think.

I learned we have a head coach that is little over the top, works too hard, stays too late and bases his life around Nebraska Football. I think we are asking too much of him. Slow down some Bo, this program needs you.

I learned I am more impressed with his hires than I was last week. That is a big step for me, as I have been against them since day one.

I learned that I still love this board, and the people on it. Some are so full of sunshine and positive thoughts you can not help like being around it. Thanks Kanpplc for not doing what I asked.

I enjoyed your read skersfan ... thanks for staying up late to write it. :-)

Both Tim Beck and JP are extremely loyal to Bo. They were obviously deeply concerned for him. When the coaches have a lot of mutual respect and trust among them that can be very powerful in the long run.

I don't think this thought can be dismissed. We so easily crab about our coaches when they don't coach the way WE want them to coach. But having people around you that you can trust makes your job so much easier and effective (imho) :)

Abdullah is going to be a stud for years to come.

As bad as the D was last week it can get better. It isn't stuck there.There is some talent that was on the bench that is going to make us better on the field.

Eric Martin should be starting and getting most of the reps.

We are capable of playing against an uptempo offense.

The coaches will, when pushed, experiment, make changes and are trying to come up with real fixes. One of the first half sacks our Dline was 4 DE's (Meredith, Martin, Carter and Ankrah)

Zaire Anderson will be out WILL from here on out.

Chase who?

I haven't watched the game yet but heard bits and pieces on the radio. Did Cam Meredith get hurt? Or was he just stunned for a bit then returned to the game?

I learned that;

Some personel changes, fire, and desire can make a big difference on a defense.

Taylor really has improved immensely- it's not a one or two game aberration.

UCLA is a much better team than I gave them credit for 1.5 weeks ago.

I think we'll lose 1-2 games max in conference play and have the ability to lose none (tOSU away will be very tough).

A decent performance magically replenishes the koolaid pitcher.

I don't understand how Meredith gets so much or even any playing time.

I love Caveman and Stafford.

We won't miss Rome even a little bit.

Our Offensive line needs a little bit of work but they are an improvement on previous yrs.

Stafford was a beast today. Loved his intensity.

Also Abdullah was said to be a "between the tackles" type runner by the announcers. He seemed to break a LOT of tackles today and got the extra yards after initial hit. He played great today.

Dare I say it.... He looked a little Rex like in his ability to keep fighting for extra yards.

The defense is capable of playing great against a high-tempo offense.

Zaire is going to be huge plus on defense

The O-Line is vastly improved from last year

wait a second...I thought Barney Cotton couldn't coach and his linemen sucked so much that they were the worst of the worstest?@?@!##$!

Sammy? I've never seen so much love for Barney?!

I learned that the team has more heart than we (including me) give them credit. Arkansas State wasn't allowed to make it a game again in the second half despite Bo's unexpected absence and the glut of turnovers early in the half.