Eric Martin

ndobney

it seems to me he is a guy the coaches said, "screw it, we just gotta turn this guy loose"

i mean, remember how Bo himself said he could be one of the best backers in the country at some point?

what, did he magically learn the system in the last 3 weeks?

or is he just being allowed to have a set of responsibilities that he can handle and is allowed to just use his athleticism?

i say this because i'd like to see guys used well earlier in their career even if it's just spot duty where they are in space, don't really have to think too much, and can grow into playmakers 5-6-7 specific plays at a time (Turner, for example)

other than that, yeah, i'm really pleased w his performance now that he is where he is and fully healthy....

It was a different defense when he wasn't on the field yesterday. He just creates a panic in the backfield that no one else on the roster does right now. That being said, why would the staff line him up at LB like they did a couple times yesterday? That didn't make sense to me. He looked completely lost and was ineffective. He definitely overran a couple plays yesterday, but that still created a sense of urgency we all want a QB to have throwing into our secondary.