Student Section

KJ.

Don't they let the students in, in some weird way now? Like a wrist band or something? I am sure some students just don't want to stand in line to wait for one, so they probably just come in 10 minutes after kick off

That's a good point I forgot to mention.

They changed the way students enter the stadium now - we no longer have physical tickets, instead, they scan our NCARDs. If you're in East, they give you a wrist band, which takes a little extra time. Idk if they do that in south yet.

But at kickoff, this is usually when you have tons of students trying to cram into the stadium. My girlfriend said she arrived about 10-15 minutes before kickoff against Southern Miss and the line to get your NCard scanned and the wrist band put on was extremely long.

I graduated last year; what do you do if you need to sell your ticket?

That could be another issue...maybe the process of selling your ticket is now very complicated and students who can't make the game just say "screw it" instead of going through that process to get $20 for their ticket if they're unable to attend

A big problem this year is that they changed how you transfer your tickets, you can't just hand them to your friend or sell them anymore. Instead you have to transfer them online (which the university charges a handsome little $5 transaction fee) into another students account(must be student, can't be friend of student from out of town or a different Lincoln college) and even this has been having problems. I had a couple friends of mine who wanted to go to the game yesterday and couldn't' because they never got the tickets on their account... I also know a guy from KSU who was thinking of coming to the Wisconsin game but he won't be able to sit with us because he's not actually a student of u-n-l(unless he pays another fee)......Therefor you're seeing a large group of students who want to sell or give away their ticks and simply can't find a new home for them. This picture is the outcome.

I knew this was going to happen and it's only going to get worse when we reach the cold part of the season, as usual the blame is going to land on the students when it should all be thrown on the athletic department for changing a working system. I wouldn't be surprised if they abandon the new policy next year.

I graduated last year; what do you do if you need to sell your ticket?

That could be another issue...maybe the process of selling your ticket is now very complicated and students who can't make the game just say "screw it" instead of going through that process to get $20 for their ticket if they're unable to attend

I'm just glad this is the last year I'll have to worry about it, to be honest.

Obviously, in the past, you could just meet up with somebody, exchange the ticket for cash, and be done with it. Now, if you want to sell your ticket, you log onto your Huskers.com account and essentially e-mail it to the person who is going to use it. They can then print it out from home and bring it to the game. If a non-student is using it, they use a credit card online to pay the validation fee and then they can print it off. In some regards, it's nicer.

In others, not so much. It's made it more difficult to actually exchange the ticket for cash, because nobody is going to just e-mail the ticket to someone and then meet them later to exchange cash. I had to sell my ticket to the first game, so, I had to lug my laptop to the union and I had them give me their cash, and then watch me transfer the ticket. We then waited for my buyer to get her confirmation e-mail, and I left.

• Fire 1

I think we found another answer.

They really need to have a simple way to obtain a physical copy of your ticket so that you can sell it.

edit, nvm enhance answered my other question. But what a royal pain in the ass...

If we didn't ever have to sell tickets the new system would be fine - problem is, as you well know, we do. And in that regard, the system is much more of a hassle. I'm sure they're saving money on printing costs and what not, but they need to have a way for students to be paid online rather than having to meet in person. I don't know how logistically reasonable that is, though.

Ringer my roommate sold a ticket to a non-student with no problems. I'm not sure why you're having issues, but you can sell them to non-students. They make bank on validation fees - they wouldn't give it up.

Sorry I made a late edit to my post, you have to pay the validation fee which you could always get around in the past. That extra fee is chasing some people away.

If we didn't ever have to sell tickets the new system would be fine - problem is, as you well know, we do. And in that regard, the system is much more of a hassle. I'm sure they're saving money on printing costs and what not, but they need to have a way for students to be paid online rather than having to meet in person. I don't know how logistically reasonable that is, though.

Honestly, I think the best system would be to keep the N-card system. However, if you need to sell your ticket, there needs to be the option to go into the ticket office, obtain a physical paper copy of your student ticket (validated or not, whichever you need) and then you could sell that physical copy. You still wouldn't be wasting very much paper and it would make the selling process 100x simpler.

The $5 transaction fee, if true, is a pretty pathetic money grab by the athletic department.

Ringer my roommate sold a ticket to a non-student with no problems. I'm not sure why you're having issues, but you can sell them to non-students. They make bank on validation fees - they wouldn't give it up.

Sorry I made a late edit to my post, you have to pay the validation fee which you could always get around in the past. That extra fee is chasing some people away.

IIRC the only way to avoid this in the past was to get into the game without an usher checking to see whether the ticket user was in fact a student. But at my gate last year (the East gate) they always checked, and if you weren't a student, they'd send you off to pay validation. Saw it happen to a couple of people last year. So, you know, I think people should probably just be used to that by now.

Honestly, I think the best system would be to keep the N-card system. However, if you need to sell your ticket, there needs to be the option to go into the ticket office, obtain a physical paper copy of your student ticket (validated or not, whichever you need) and then you could sell that physical copy. You still wouldn't be wasting very much paper and it would make the selling process 100x simpler.

The $5 transaction fee, if true, is a pretty pathetic money grab by the athletic department.

I've only sold, never bought, with this new system, but I've NEVER heard of this $5 thing even among the several e-mails they sent us to talk about the new system.

IIRC the only way to avoid this in the past was to get into the game without an usher checking to see whether the ticket user was in fact a student. But at my gate last year (the East gate) they always checked, and if you weren't a student, they'd send you off to pay validation. Saw it happen to a couple of people last year. So, you know, I think people should probably just be used to that by now.

It varied by usher, most were fine if you just had an ncard. I knew lots of people who got in without any problems. You may be right though about the lines being a bigger problem, I arrived early enough to avoid them so I couldn't see them myself. The construction's causing a lot of issues with that.

I've only sold, never bought, with this new system, but I've NEVER heard of this $5 thing even among the several e-mails they sent us to talk about the new system.

I heard about it through a classmate but I guess it could have been a rumor. I haven't used the system yet myself either.

I heard about it through a classmate but I guess it could have been a rumor. I haven't used the system yet myself either.

I think it's a farce. If anybody tells this to you, punch them in the eyebrow.