TO

MT949597

Honestly guys I get some of you would run through a wall for TO, but you're all telling me that at this point in his career and the best thing for Nebraska is keep him as the AD, with our football program remaining in the exact same place it's been since 2008, heck 2002 for that matter. I'm all for TO and respect the Hell out what he did for our program and think he might go down as the greatest college football coach of all time and love him for it, but as the AD I don't know if I can say the same.

Has Tom's time as the AD run its course? Is he going to make the decisions needed for this program to succeed, is a job with this level of stress put on an individual at his age the right thing at this point in time. I can tell youhave I've heard stories about how people close to him are concerned with his health and this job isn't good for him much longer, thoughts? And I know in some people's mind TO could never do any wrong.

Lets get rid Tom because he only gave us a new basketball facility, a new basketball arena, a renovated devaney for volleyball, and an expanded football stadium.

• Fire 2

Honestly guys I get some of you would run through a wall for TO, but your all telling me that at this point in his career and the best thing for Nebraska is keep him as the AD, with our football program remaining in the exact same place it's been since 2008, heck 2002 for that matter. I'm all for TO and respect the Hell out what he did for our program and think he might go down as the greatest college football coach of all time and love him for it, but as the AD I don't know if I can say the same.

Its pretty obvious you don't know Tom nor have you had any dealings with him. I can tell you he's done a great job and is doing a very good job still. He's shown that he can make tough decisions like firing Doc whom was a very good and close friend for the betterment of the program. He also made a very difficult change for him with Anderson in the baseball program. He's continued the improvements that Steve Pederson started (say what you will about Pedy he knew how to build building) and the fundraising levels have been outstanding. He's also helped us navigate to a more stable conference where the school (not sports) will be much better off for the long term. While I don't always agree with some of his thoughts and he's not afraid to do whats also good for Tom if he desires, I can't really complain about the job he's done.

Having personally been around the athletic department under the previous two AD's and knowing several employees from high to low levels there I will say its the most stable and comfortable that it has been there in my adult life. He's still got the vigor to do what needs to be done and I will say the only thing taking a toll on his health is his age and there really isn't anything anyone can do about that.

Please run along now to the RSS where the sky falls hourly and the IQ's are below sea level.

• Fire 4

Honestly guys I get some of you would run through a wall for TO, but your all telling me that at this point in his career and the best thing for Nebraska is keep him as the AD, with our football program remaining in the exact same place it's been since 2008, heck 2002 for that matter. I'm all for TO and respect the Hell out what he did for our program and think he might go down as the greatest college football coach of all time and love him for it, but as the AD I don't know if I can say the same.

Its pretty obvious you don't know Tom nor have you had any dealings with him. I can tell you he's done a great job and is doing a very good job still. He's shown that he can make tough decisions like firing Doc whom was a very good and close friend for the betterment of the program. He also made a very difficult change for him with Anderson in the baseball program. He's continued the improvements that Steve Pederson started (say what you will about Pedy he knew how to build building) and the fundraising levels have been outstanding. He's also helped us navigate to a more stable conference where the school (not sports) will be much better off for the long term. While I don't always agree with some of his thoughts and he's not afraid to do whats also good for Tom if he desires, I can't really complain about the job he's done.

Having personally been around the athletic department under the previous two AD's and knowing several employees from high to low levels there I will say its the most stable and comfortable that it has been there in my adult life. He's still got the vigor to do what needs to be done and I will say the only thing taking a toll on his health is his age and there really isn't anything anyone can do about that.

Please run along now to the RSS where the sky falls hourly and the IQ's are below sea level.

RSS has become a joke, you won't hear an argument from me.

First off, let me say this is the discussion I wanted and I knew I'd get the response I did the moment I mentioned TO, unless you're saying something positive you don't say anything at all on that subject in Husker Land, I get it, it's a thing of respect and I would never disrespect TO, I just wanted to know if it was time for change in the AD, it's well documented Bo and TO have had their issues and Bo and the AD have had their issues and that's as much on Bo, but the question comes that many people want to know is what if Bo struggles the rest of the year, will TO be able to put aside the fact that even though he hired Bo he realizes he needs to go in different or will he ride out something that isn't working and allow the new AD to figure it all out wants he leaves, I truly feel from what I've heard he wants the Bo experiment to work, but if he doesn't will he wait or will he act.

The position of AD involves far more than football. If you're not willing to discuss the wider situation beyond football, then don't even bother mentioning AD changes. The end.

I get that, but at the end of the day that's people want to talk, that's what people care about, everything else in Nebraska just things to do until football season starts, isn't the old cliche, football always will be the number one priority at Nebraska and will always be on the front burner of the entire Athletic Department before anything, you take care of football then everything else comes afterwards, I'm not just saying that as my opinion, that's just how it goes at Nebraksa.

I don't see the problem with discussing this issue. I've wondered a lot of times how long TO would stick it out as AD before he stepped down.

I guess that I assume that he is going to stick it out at least until the basketball arena and Memorial Stadium expansion projects are done, and then I am guessing he will step down shortly after that. I'm really not worried about it though. As far as I'm concerned, TO can stay as long as he wants.

To some extent, that is the myth. It's a little more complicated once you go beyond the myth and dive into university politics. I won't bother to go into that here, but this is what you need to know...

TO will be AD as long as TO damn well wants. He will decide when it's time for him to move on. TO has done a great deal in the AD position, much of it extending beyond football. This isn't lost on the people that matter.

Also, Nebraska football is not in danger of dying out anytime soon. It's not like people in Nebraska are beginning to be unwilling to support the program. So there is no danger there.

I get that, but at the end of the day that's people want to talk, that's what people care about, everything else in Nebraska just things to do until football season starts, isn't the old cliche, football always will be the number one priority at Nebraska and will always be on the front burner of the entire Athletic Department before anything, you take care of football then everything else comes afterwards, I'm not just saying that as my opinion, that's just how it goes at Nebraksa.

Humoring this conversation, and God knows why, but how about you make your case for the fact that the football program is in disarray and needs change at the top. From there you can build your case that Tom Osborne's retirement time has come, and we'll all know where you're coming from. Otherwise... this thread is just preposterous.

Honestly, I would have to say when the new facilities are up and running and we've been a member of the Big 10 long enough for things to take care of themselves, he'll gladly step away. One things for sure, if Tom didnt want to be doing this, he wouldnt be. This guy stepped away from coaching at his absolute peak (probably the peak of the profession as a whole). I think he knows as good as anyone when it'll be time.

Tom did a great service for the university when he stepped in. Not just the football program, but the athletic program as a whole was quickly crumbling right before our eyes under Pedey. There were many things going on and football was probably the least of them, even though it seems like a blowout loss to Ok St was the final nail. Timing just happened to be of convenience. Tom immediatly re-unified what was becoming a torn athletic office, not to mention a very depressive fan base. Sometimes, things dont have to revolve around wins-losses of football.

I do remember a story once that Tom decalared he would remain the AD until the summer of 2010. Cant remember when that was said and I'm sure there's no hard contract between him and the school, but I remember vividly him making that statement, but I'm sure that was put on hiatus by the conference re-alignment fallout at that time.

RSS has become a joke, you won't hear an argument from me.

First off, let me say this is the discussion I wanted and I knew I'd get the response I did the moment I mentioned TO, unless you're saying something positive you don't say anything at all on that subject in Husker Land, I get it, it's a thing of respect and I would never disrespect TO, I just wanted to know if it was time for change in the AD, it's well documented Bo and TO have had their issues and Bo and the AD have had their issues and that's as much on Bo, but the question comes that many people want to know is what if Bo struggles the rest of the year, will TO be able to put aside the fact that even though he hired Bo he realizes he needs to go in different or will he ride out something that isn't working and allow the new AD to figure it all out wants he leaves, I truly feel from what I've heard he wants the Bo experiment to work, but if he doesn't will he wait or will he act.

I could careless if you say something bad about Tom if its fair and justified. And I think I addressed the part about firing Bo with my example of him firing one of his close friends. And if you think he and Bo have had differences that have strained the relationship between the two I'm sad to disappoint you.

What I question is why you think Bo is doing such a bad job. If you write down everything he's done right and every mistake hes made and compare the two you'll see the positives far out weigh the bad. No one is perfect. No one will meet every single expectation you set or they themselves set. But I will tell you he's done very very good under the spotlight that is Nebraska football. I think most people have a problem with the fact that he's not very "slick" with the media. If he was more polished and words came easier I doubt very many people wold have issues with him.