TO

MT949597

Has Tom's time as the AD run its course? Is he going to make the decisions needed for this program to succeed, is a job with this level of stress put on an individual at his age the right thing at this point in time. I can tell youhave I've heard stories about how people close to him are concerned with his health and this job isn't good for him much longer, thoughts? And I know in some people's mind TO could never do any wrong.

TjAaP.jpg

Has Tom's time as the AD run its course? Is he going to make the decisions needed for this program to succeed, is a job with this level of stress put on an individual at his age the right thing at this point in time. I can tell youhave I've heard stories about how people close to him are concerned with his health and this job isn't good for him much longer, thoughts? And I know in some people's mind TO could never do any wrong.

TjAaP.jpg

Baby_laugh_scare.gif

I spoke with Tom about three weeks ago. The fire is still there, he loves this school, this state and football just the same as he has for the last 40 to 50 years. But he does sound tired at times, no whining, just maybe close to calling it time to pass the torch. He never said that, he just was not the normal Tom. That may have been related to our conversation, and our support level. Not sure. I think he will be around another year after this one, I think he wants to see the corner turned before he leaves. He will tell us when it is time. But he is still sharp as a tack with a dry sense of humor that I have always loved.

Either way, thanks Tom for all you have done, and you have earned the right to decide when is is time to hang it up. I hope for many more years of his excellent guidance and love of this program.

This thread should never happen, I hope it is deleted.

• Fire 1

Wasn't sure how long this thread would go or why I even read it, but it seems to me the underlying thought by the OP is his distain for Bo. Why would Dr. Tom have to fire him? Is the program in that much disarray that a new coach is needed? I recently read about the Antiterriost training and how they are going to teach zombie combat countermeasures. Pretty cool, just like turtles and ponies.

Alright so my feelings may not 100% sincere in this thread, first I do worry about TO's health and what all this pressure is doing to his health, but honestly with TO as the AD for now it's fine, but if something does need to happen with the football program I'm hoping he will do it, which he cares too much about this program not to. And TO knows how to handle the boosters don't worry about that. But when this thread was going nowhere because I legitimately wanted to know how people felt about TO and how much longer he could do this job but nobody was giving a response and I know this group well enough that the only way to get a legit discussion going was to create a little controversy. There were some posters who did think TO has done his job and he could move on. No big deal, I just wanted to get people's true feelings and if that meant playing the bad guy so be it.

son-i-am-disappoint.jpg